Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sallie Mae help please

tag
Izaana
Regular Contributor

Sallie Mae help please

A woman with Sallie Mae told my wife last week that a few days after our payment was in to call and talk with a customer service rep about getting the late payments from Dec 2008 retracted and not repeorting to the 3 bureaus as late. We just tried talking to someone in CS, they put me thorugh to billing and then after I explained what happened, he appologized and said they could'nt do that???

I am so stressed out about this bull**bleep**, its not funny!! I lay in bed at night thinking about these **bleep** numbers that control our lives and the fact that because other idiots bought houses on a grand scale that everyone should of known they couldnt afford now everyone that was responsible in the first place want to have a knee jerk reaction and not loan to hardly anyone with out credit just short of frickin perfect!!  I HAVE to get in a house sooooon! one fricking way or another...period! I have to either get from a 551 to a 620 or get all 5K worth of open collections closed on my credit redport to take advantage of a MSHDA loan that does not go by score but you cant have any open collections on your credit report or lates in the last 12 months.....ERRRRRRR!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sallie Mae help please

Did the rep simply state to call back in and ask for the late payment to be removed, or did she PROMISE they would remove it?  Big difference.  Also, did you get her name and/or employee number when you spoke?  Or maybe have her note your account you were due for a retraction?  I know it's hindsight now, but sometimes better phone records would help you get what was promised.  Was it actually 30+ days?

Moving forward, I would call back and talk to another rep.  I would explain what you were told and ask them to do what you understood they would do in the first place, remove the late payment.  If they refuse, stay calm and collected but ask for a supervisor.  Re-explain the situation and how you expect them to keep their word.

Really you are their mercy, as they don't have to remove any lates, so be nice.

Also I am curious, what is an MSHDA loan?

Message 2 of 4
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Sallie is a nasty gal Smiley Mad

The only thing she removes is your smile.

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 3 of 4
Izaana
Regular Contributor

Michigan State Housing Developement Authority

Look up Neihgborhood Investment Corp and/or Neighborhood Stabilization Program.....it's all tied together.

And thanks

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.