cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sallie Mae help?

tag
tifftheneutron

Sallie Mae help?

Hi everyone. I need some advice on what to do (obviously, since I'm here). 

I have some student loans from 1999 and 2001. I was paying on them, but in 2007 my husband and I both lost our jobs. This went on for a year. From January 2008 - December 2008, we show 120 days late, but then we started paying them again, and they were eventually transferred to someone else (I think Great Lakes). 

My question is this - 1) I know that it is seven year when they come off, but will that be January 2015, or December 2015? 

and 2) if they don't fall off until December 2015, should I try a GW letter to see if they'll remove them from my report? 

Thanks for any help. 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Sallie Mae help?

@tifftheneutron wrote:

Hi everyone. I need some advice on what to do (obviously, since I'm here). 

I have some student loans from 1999 and 2001. I was paying on them, but in 2007 my husband and I both lost our jobs. This went on for a year. From January 2008 - December 2008, we show 120 days late, but then we started paying them again, and they were eventually transferred to someone else (I think Great Lakes). 

My question is this - 1) I know that it is seven year when they come off, but will that be January 2015, or December 2015? 

and 2) if they don't fall off until December 2015, should I try a GW letter to see if they'll remove them from my report? 

Thanks for any help. 

Maximum reporting time is 7.5 years from the DoFD; if the account was 120 in Jan 08 then the DoFD was most likely in Oct 07, this is if the account went to CO if it never did each late drops at 7 year time period and then the account becomes a positive when the last late drops.

Message 2 of 9
Glkslngr
Frequent Contributor

When I was reading this post I did a double take becasue I wasn't sure if I had posted this in a drunken stupor or something becasue I haev a 120 day lates from Sallie Mae from back in January 2008, for loans that were transfered to Great Lakes.. such a coincidence!!... But anyways, I am actually in the process of trying to get those closed accounts removed or at least have the lates removed. I faxed them a GW letter last week, I believe Thursday, and today they emailed me to keep an eye out for an update to my loans within 5 days. I'm not sure what the updates consist of and customer service couldn't help me out with that. So I just have to play the waiting game. If you want the fax number to send the GW letter let me know!

Alicia

Message 3 of 9
tifftheneutron

Alicia, I would appreciate it!

Message 4 of 9
Edward0215
New Contributor

Alicia can I get the fax number as well thank you
Exp 691 TU 664 FICO 9/22/14
Starting Score: 536
Current Score: 673
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 9
Glkslngr
Frequent Contributor

Sent Neutron & Edward. Good luck!

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

its being reported on the CRA. dispute as obsolete 6mos prior with tu/eq. you just might get lucky and much better with cra's v/s sallie mae

Message 7 of 9
denver133
Frequent Contributor

Could I get that fax number for Sallie Mae's GW department please?  Smiley Wink   

My Cards: CSP: $5,000 // Hyatt: $5,000 // Cap1 Venture: $5,000 // US Bank Plat: $3,500 // Discover: $1,000 // AMEX BCE: $1,000 // Lowes: $5,500 // Furniture Row: $3,500 // Buckle Store Card: $750

Current MyFico Scores: EX 687 EQ 696 TU 687 Gardening from 5/15 till 5/16

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I get the fax also?  thanks

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.