Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sallie Mae late payments REMOVED

tag
glamchick
Established Contributor

Re: Sallie Mae late payments REMOVED

Can someone PM me the e-mail contact for Sallie Mae?  Thanks so much!

Im trying to get some lates removed also when I thought my account was still in deferment.  Now Im on auto pay so that won't happen again.

My account was also transferred to Navient but isnt everyones?

Thanks!

Gardening since 5/3/2016
Message 121 of 142
Anonymous
Not applicable

For months they refused to give me any documentation listing the dates of my deferment. The executive office and advocate refused to give me any account information in writing, which I saw as a big red flag. Luckily a customer service rep was able to give me a document with the dates as well as the text that no payments were required during deferment. They still agreed to delete any lates, and continued to verify inaccurate lates to the credit bureaus. My saving grace was the CFPB. I filed a complaint against each bureau, and had updated reports within a week. I'm not sure how Sallie Mae gets away with this, but they do.

Message 122 of 142
Anonymous
Not applicable

Make that they still refused to delete the latesSmiley Happy

Message 123 of 142
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome! I've been working on getting negative information for my perkins loan deleted. So far the guy (at my former university) has been helpful and the loan is now completely paid off, but he said there may be a limit to how many lates can be removed (I have 6) and that he's checking with the loan servicer. If Sallie Mae can delete that many then my university should be able to also, and shouldn't be deferring to the loan servicer, who works for them! Maybe I can use this as leverage Smiley Wink

Message 124 of 142
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for sharing this, I'm having this problem with College Foundation of North Carolina, they haven't been nudgetin but I will NOT give up!
Message 125 of 142
Anonymous
Not applicable

Budging*
Message 126 of 142
Melanie220
Frequent Contributor

Hi guys, I've been MIA for a while. The person I spoke with is no longer working for Sallie Mae. However, the way I contacted them was they the Sallie Mae Student Advocate hotline. It's public knowledge and the number is 888-545-4699. I don't know if the number had changed, the website has it as (855) 563-5633
Message 127 of 142
Melanie220
Frequent Contributor

Sorry for typos****thru the*****
Message 128 of 142
CBrent
New Contributor

FYI:

Office of the Customer Advocate

Your concerns are very important to us. You will be contacted by a Customer Advocate representative within 72 business hours of the receipt of your inquiry. A response to your issue will be provided as soon as possible and often depends on the level of research required.

When submitting an inquiry, please provide your name, account number, and/or address and telephone number.

Please send your inquiry by email to advocate@navient.com or call us toll-free at (888) 545-4199.

Standard mail may be sent to:

Office of the Customer Advocate
P. O. Box 4200
Wilkes-Barre, PA 18773-4200

https://www.navient.com/about/who-we-are/leadership/advocate/default.aspx

Message 129 of 142
Anonymous
Not applicable

looks like your method is helping, can you please forward me your contac to sallie mae and the letter so i can try as well?  thnks a bunch!  

Message 130 of 142
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.