Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Salute vs. CA

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Salute vs. CA

Greetings!

My understanding is Salute (Visa) went out of business/kaput.  I had an entry by the OC (Salute) on all 3 reports and just before they went out of business they sold to CA (Arrow Financial).  I did a CV and Arrow agreed to remove the item and did (quickly).

Any suggestions on how can I address the OC if they are out of business? If this has already been answered, any links to those threads would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Salute vs. CA

If they sold the debt, then the debt collector acquired responsibility under the account. 

I would contact the owner and ask that they also delete reporting made on the account itself.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll try that, thank you!

Message 3 of 5
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

Should be fairly easy to get Salute off since they were mandated to delete tradelines from consumers accounts by the FTC, depending on when the account was open. A simple dispute got the tradeline off for me but more info about the account would be helpful.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

EQ shows Salute as:

Status as ofDate openedDate of last activityLargest past balanceAccount TypeAccount holderScheduled Payment AmountIndustry

May, 2009
May, 2007
Oct, 2008
$856
Revolving
Individual
$13
National Credit Card Cos.
Descriptions
  • Charged off account
  • Account closed by credit grantor

TU Shows it as:

Status as ofDate openedDate of last activityDate closedLoan typeCredit limitLargest past balanceAccount TypeAccount holderIndustry
May, 2009
May, 2007
Dec, 2008
Oct, 2008
Credit Card
$500
$856
Revolving Account
Individual Account
Banks
Descriptions
  • Account closed by credit grantor

It looks like the DOLA is inconsistent between the two reports. 

I'm curious about this mandate by the FTC.  Can you point me to more information/if it applies to me?

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.