Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sam's Club CLI: Interesting conversation

tag
guydiver
Established Contributor

Sam's Club CLI: Interesting conversation

Hi all.  Just another update on my rebuilding process.  I was really bummed out yesterday when I signed up for Fico quarterly monitoring....again.  My TU score came back at 738.  I had disputed a Wells Fargo account a few months back, and the lates had disappeared from my TU report after I disputed, or so I thought.  When I pulled my True credit TU report, they are not there, nada, nothing negative period. The "dispute" is also gone.  When I pulled my myFico TU, the dreaded red flag appears on that account as a maximum 90 days in 12/05. 

So today I pull my annualcreditreport.com from EQ and TU.  Sure enough, that Wells Fargo is on both reports.  So, as far as I know, I'm only showing clean on my EX according to Truecredit(unreliable?), and CreditSesame(no derogatory accounts showing this month, was showing lates(non-specific) last month.  Anyhow, on to my topic.  I have a Sam's Club store card, had it over five years now.  Started with a low limit, don't remember how much.  It graduated to a Discover card after one year, but both accounts were kept and reporting separately. 

I ran up a big balance on my Discover, which had graduated to a $10K CL over that time.  So I decided to transfer the balance to my CU Visa with a 6.75% apr.  My credit union required me to close the Discover account in order to grant my  total $15K limit, so no problem.  In the meantime, my Sams Club card through (formerly) GEMB slowly grows to a $5600 CL.  I have been getting automatic $500 increases every six months for the past two years.  My April statement was due for the six month increase, but nothing happened.  So I wait another month.  May statement....no increase. 

So, I begin to wonder if closing the Discover account(also formerly GEMB) now GECRB had somehow affected my credit line.  Didn't think it would be a coincidence.  So I go online to my account and I send a message to account services inquiring as to the stop in automatic CLI's.  I get a response that they need to verify my income, so I must call in to request any increase.  As you know, if you have a GE account, there is no LOVE button anymore, or it doesn't work anymore.  I have Lowe's and Sams, neither on-line request works anymore.  So today I decide to call GE about my Sam's card limit of $5600. 

I tell the rep my story.  She says that is very "odd", that they only review my account once a year, and that automatic six month increases were unusual?  I told her that it was routine with GEMB, when it was GEMB.  She asks what limit I would like to request.  I had to think about it, so I decided to be ultra conservative and I told her that my previous increases were for $500, so I would request a total CL of $6100.  She puts me on hold and I listen to elevator music for less than a minute.  She comes back on and says that I have been approved for up to $10K, and how much would I like?!! 

I told her that had been my limit with my Sam's Discover card that I had closed.  She says that the Discover limits are higher because they are a credit card, and not a store card like the Sam's club card.  I told her that $10K would be just fine.Smiley Very Happy  She says congratulations and that my new limit was available immediately.  Sure enough, I log back into my account and there it is.  I now have a $10K Sam's club card.  That's going to be awesome when it reports, my util. will love it.  I have the balance down to $1200 now, will have it paid in one month. 

So now I decide to pull the trigger on my Cabela's Visa.  Account is two years old, perfect history, multiple payments, largest balance around $3100, but current statement is $0.  No previous CLI requests.  They tell you on-line that they will check your credit, I know it will be a hard pull, probably on EQ.  I had to fill out a form with employment history, mortgage payment, and car payment, and "net" "take-home monthly pay". They ask for the amount you are requesting.  I put $10K.  I'm hoping to get that, or at least a counter offer. 

My current limit is $3500 since I opened the account 4/10.  They say thanks for the request, and they will let me know the results in 5-7 business days. I also got an e-mail with the same info.  My current scores are in my siggy.  Only one late(non credit card) account showing  in 12/05.  AAoA is over 8 years. Excellent credit mix.  Current credit report revolving util. around 30%.  Sorry for the rambling, this rebuilding stuff is complicated.  Thanks everyone.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
guydiver
Established Contributor

Re: Sam's Club CLI: Interesting conversation

Cabelas CLI, just checked my club visa account and my CL went from 3500 to 9100. I had asked for 10K, but I'm very happy with the outcome. I'm hoping the hard pull will be on EQ as my TU and EX are both 0 inquiries. Between SAMs and Cabelas I got a 10K increase in my total credit line. Don't have any plans for apps in the near future. Hoping to get to 800 before end of the year!
Message 2 of 6
guydiver
Established Contributor

Ouch! Just got a ScoreWatch Alert.  Got dinged for EQ inquiry. Score dropped from 760 to 745.  I have three inq. on EQ now.  Two of them will be one year old in August, so I figure I'll get my points back, but my util. is going way down due to my new CL's I got, so maybe it will be a wash.  I'll have to wait until everything reports again early next month. 

Message 3 of 6
guydiver
Established Contributor

Well, I just looked at my Cabela's account again to pay the balance due before the statement cuts, and my CL has dropped down to 5K.  It was reporting as 9100 a few days ago after my CLI request.  Guess that was just temporary.  Somebody pulled the plug and I ended up with a $1500 increase in CL and 15 pt. EQ drop for a hard pull.  Was hoping for a better outcome.

Message 4 of 6
guydiver
Established Contributor

Huh??  Just checked Cabela's to see if my payment posted and my CL is back to $9100 again.  Not sure what the deal is, but I'm not complaining.  My balance is $0 now, and it says my available credit is $9100.  Happy again.Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 6
guydiver
Established Contributor

Just pulled my Transunion report and Sam's Club already reported my new 10K CL, in the middle of my statement cycle!  Thanks GE. Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.