cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Same account listed twice on report, one through chase other through collection agency

tag
ren4say

Same account listed twice on report, one through chase other through collection agency

Hello All,

my first post here, just wanted to understand something about collection accounts

i had 2 chase credit cards, both went to midland collection agency

paid both the accounts in full, midland reported those accounts as paid in full

But chase still shows revolving

shouldnt chase accounts be reported as paid in full too?

Thanks in advance Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Same account listed twice on report, one through chase other through collection agency

That would depend on if Chase sold the accounts to Midland or not.  If sold, they already should be reporting a 0 balance and no further updating is required.  Not even to show paid.

If they were just assigned, then Chase would show a balance, and yes, they would need to show as paid.

Message 2 of 8
ren4say

Re: Same account listed twice on report, one through chase other through collection agency

Thanks for your response
Chase sold those accounts to Midland
What should I do, contact chase or Midland or credit beureau ?
Message 3 of 8
guiness56
Epic Contributor

I am confused.  Is Chase reporting a balance?  Was the account charged off and then sent to Midland?

Message 4 of 8
ren4say

Chase is reporting the balance 

i dont know what the account status was

Here is what happened

I had Chase account till 2009

In 2010 i get call from Midland that they bought my chase account, chase account still shows revolving

i paid off midland in 2011, midland shows Paid in full but chase is still revolving and Past due 180 days

Message 5 of 8
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Contact Midland or if you have something showing it was paid, send it to Chase and ask them to please update to a 0 balance.

It should always have reported a 0 balance since it was sold.  They cannot continue to show a balance but before disputing try just asking them to update.

Message 6 of 8
ren4say

typing the letter right now

Thanks for your help

Message 7 of 8
JamesH78

I had the same thing come up about a week ago.. I had two double posts and one unpaid. I disputed it all due to the fact I was kinda upset and guess what? They deleted them all. Thinking it was a fluke I tried the same way with another account on different cra and bamn it was deleted also.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.