Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sample BBB letter

tag
rodzilla2013
Valued Member

Sample BBB letter

Does anyone have a sample Better business bureau complaint letter that I can take notes from??  Please post if possible..

Thanks

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Sample BBB letter

You would need to write the complaint based on what has happened with the CA.  What have they done wrong and won't correct, etc.   You can always write one and post it for others to look over.

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Sample BBB letter

My first question would be....what is the issue?

If the issue is an assertion of an actual violation of the FCRA or FDCPA, the primary course would be to file a formal complaint with the FTC/CFRB.

However, if the issue is one of poor business practice on their part, such as failure to live up to a promise to delete, which does not rise to an actual violation of the statute, then the BBB would be the path for addressing their business practice.

You can always do both, but BBB complaints are informal, whereas complaints directed to violation of the statute have their own formal process that I would recommend also addressing.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.