Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sample PFD letter

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sample PFD letter

Thanks to Tuscani's PFD sample, I was able to draft one of my own. This is my first time so go easy on my mistakes. 

Please feel free to edit and repost a better version. Also feel free to edit my grammatical mistakes. 

Ace05
Your address

Collection Agency
PO Box 12345
City, State, Zip

Re: Collection Account number 000000XXXXXXX

To whom it may concern:

This letter is being sent to you in response to a collection account mentioned above, which appears in my credit report. I do not have access to the complete account number since I am not familiar with this specific account. The partial number I just provided is based on my Experian credit report.

While I accept no responsibility for the ownership of this account nor is this a promise to pay and is not a payment agreement. I am willing to pay off (settlement amount) of this account as a show of goodwill due to our mutual benifit. Given, you provide me with a written response on your company letterhead and signed by an authorized representative of collection agency, agreeing following conditions:

1) Collection agency will delete ALL references to this account from my credit report from all 3 bureaus (Experian, Equifax and Transunion)
2) Collection agency will accept this payment as "paid as agreed/paid in full" and will not report this account here on to any credit buraus, after it's complete delition as mentioned in (1)
3) Your company will not sell or transfer the debt to another creditor, after it is "paid as agreed/paid in full" as mentioned in (2)

Also for my safety and security of my identity, and to make sure, I am communicating with the rightful organization who owns the debt. Please provide me with following:

1) A copy of any signed agreement debtor has made with debt collector or other verifiable proof debtor has a contractual obligation to pay debt collector
2) A copy of the agreement that grants collection agency the authority to collect this debt.
3) A copy of all payments made when the alleged account was still active.

The above mentioned terms is not a try to validate the debt, but merely because of personal security reasons.

If you accept the conditions mentioned above, you also agree not to discuss the offer with any third-party, excluding the original creditor. The letter will be treated as a contract and subject to the laws of my state.

If you agree to the terms, I will send certified payment in the amount of settlement amount payable to Collection Agency in exchange to have all information related to this debt removed from all of my credit files.

Please forward your agreement to the address listed above,

Sincerely,

Ace5

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sample PFD letter

See, I've read so many posts saying PFDs are obsolete and no longer work because CRAs have cracked down on this type of activity as it's technically illegal for the CA to remove valid data. But that directly contradicts my own personal experience, albeit mine was a bit different in nature. I had 3 student loans that were defaulted for 6+ years. I found out about the Rehab program and signed up, made my 9 on-time payments, got my loans reassigned to a new servicer.. and sure enough, ALL the old bad marks were gone! They even consolidated my original 3 loans into one large loan shown paid in full as agreed from the US Dept. of Edu with only on-time payment history -- no bad marks what-so-ever. And now that I've continued making on-time payments to my new servicer, I have 3 loans with good history, and those were BACKDATED to the original opening date of June 2010! So I don't know. The government and its collection agencies (Van Ru in my case) can do it.. and even promise to do so in their written agreements.. why couldn't anybody else?

In any case, I'm desperately trying to fix 12 medical collections I have. I would love to know if this works. I would be extremely quick to settle in exchange for them either 1) deleting the records all together or 2) marking them paid in full and as agreed and removing all negative remarks, and then agreeing to not revalidate the debt the next time I go to dispute with the CRA a month later so they do the actual removal.

I will follow this. In any case, please do let me know your results.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sample PFD letter

ALSO a note to help you out based on the extensive research I've done myself (keep in mind this comes only from reading, not personal experience):

It has been said that if ONLY the CA is reporting the debt and NOT the OC -- you can pay the OC and thus the collection is invalid and can be removed with a single dispute sent directly to the CRA because you can show proof of payment to the OC.

I don't suggest you follow this advice, it's merely a pointer for maybe something to research yourself.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.