Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sample "Paid State Tax Lien" Letter

tag
Ceejay1978
Regular Contributor

Sample "Paid State Tax Lien" Letter

My tax lien was paid and the County Clerk sent me the papers verifying that it is satisfied and said that I need to send them to the CRAs.

Does anyone happen to have a sample letter the sent along with their proof to have info updated on the CR that they wouldn't mind sharing.

Also, would I get in trouble for sending them the papers saying that the lien is satisfied but asking them to remove?  I was hoping that I would get someone who would just remove it and worse case scenario it just gets updated as satisfied....

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Sample "Paid State Tax Lien" Letter

Under FCRA 605(a)(3), paid tax liens can remain in your CR for 7 years from their date of payment.

Satisfying the liien is not grounds for removal.

Message 2 of 4
Ceejay1978
Regular Contributor

@RobertEG wrote:

Under FCRA 605(a)(3), paid tax liens can remain in your CR for 7 years from their date of payment.

Satisfying the liien is not grounds for removal.

I understand that.  But they are still reporting it as open. 

I need them to at least report it as satisfied and the satisfied date. 

I was wondering if there was any harm in asking them to remove?  Even if they dont i just need it updated as satisfied at the very least

Message 3 of 4
ficonovice
Frequent Contributor

In answer to your question, there's no harm in asking for it to be removed, but most likely it will remain. I just sent a dispute on-line with TransUnion to update my Tax Lien status to paid and requested it to be removed because it never should have been filed in the first place.

They updated the status to say "released" and had a "Release Date" of 7/1/09. For some reason it still has an amount in the "Balance Owed" field even thought it says it's been released and has a release date. I don't konw if I should re-dispute to update the balance owed to $0 or not.

In any event, I don't think it ever hurts to try to have derogatory infomation removed. The worst they can do is verify it, but they won't accuse you of attempted fraud, misrepresentation, deceipt or anything.....

Go for it and good luck.

My next step is to go to the courthouse where the Lien was placed and try to get it vacated. If vacated, then the bureaus will delete completely I believe...

Message Edited by ficonovice on 08-25-2009 07:34 AM
Rust never sleeps and neither does my fico score...
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.