Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

San Diego Treasurer

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

San Diego Treasurer

Well, been a lurker for quite some time and have over the last month or so have had two collections removed with GWs. Still working on Midland Credit Management.....!!

Now I just had THREE more collections added to my EX report, all from the City of San Diego. They are unpaid parking tickets, two for $117 and one for $97. I have sent a PFD letter that they recieved on June 5th. In the letter, i gave them 15 days to get back to me, so I need to wait a little while longer for that.

But...if they don't agree to PFD, or they just ignore me what is my next step? I have searched, and found that they are not bonded to collect debt in my state (TX) which they must be. Should this be my next move, to file a complaint with the AG?

As my nickname suggests, i have my first on the way and am trying to by our first house and this is killing my score. Thanks in advance!!

Adam

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: San Diego Treasurer

babyontheway wrote:

I have searched, and found that they are not bonded to collect debt in my state (TX) which they must be. Should this be my next move, to file a complaint with the AG?

Very possible they need not be bonded. Sounds like you are dealing with a city agency, which would be the OC, not the CA.

Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

You're right, Doh! Thank you for clearing that up for me.
Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have accounts with them also and they will respond and most likely accept your PFD. I spoke with the treasurer before and she had offered me a PFD before so i think they will accept your letter. I am also in the exact same boat as you with a new baby on the way and closing on a house hell i even live in TX now lol! so keep me posted on how the PFD letter turns out because I have some other accounts I need to take care of with them.
Message Edited by imfocused on 06-15-2009 10:11 AM
Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sure, i will let you know of the outcome. It stinks right now as work has me traveling and my wife is visiting her parents, so nobody is home to check the mailbox till thursday night. I hope I see something from them then!!
Message 5 of 17
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

You wrote:

" Sure, i will let you know of the outcome. It stinks right now as work has me traveling and my wife is visiting her parents, so nobody is home to check the mailbox till thursday night. I hope I see something from them then!! "

Even though we're all pretty much incognito here....be careful not to give away info like that online.

just a couple weeks ago, someidiot was "twitting" about how he & his wife were going on vacation for 2 weeks.  He came home & had been robbed blind!

Just lookin out for ya! Smiley Wink

Oh...and good luck with those PFD's!!! 

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah he is so right babyontheway because of that very reason i didnt ask you what part of TX you were in like me bacause though I know I wouldnt do anything there is no telling who else may be lurking. but please man send me a message and tell me if that PFD worked or not and if you had to pay the ull amount.
Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good looking out everyone. Will report outcome hopefully sooner than later
Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, nothing from them yet. In my letter to them I gave them to the 20th to get something to me.

What to do now?

I sent to letter with to noboby in paticular. Anyone have a name there?

I gotta get these off.

Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

i may have a name and number for you. I will have to check my paper work when I get off work today. the woman I was dealing with sent me a detailed print out of all the tickets and i beleive I wrote her name and number on there.
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.