Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Santander Consumer is now Chrysler Capital

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Santander Consumer is now Chrysler Capital

In case anyone is looking for contact information for Santander. They are now Chrysler Capital. I recieved  a phone call from them regarding my GW letter to Santander and she said they have changed their name. They changed their website too.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Santander Consumer is now Chrysler Capital

Are you sure about that?  I just made my husband's car payment this morning on the Santander site.  Nothing had changed as far as I could tell.

https://www.santanderconsumerusa.com/

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

https://chryslercapital.com/about?_ga=1.107435842.1598951417.1466627774

and their phone number says chrysler capital

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

https://chryslercapital.com/about?_ga=1.107435842.1598951417.1466627774

and their phone number stays chrysler capital

Chrysler Capital is in a partnership with Santander to fleece customers.  When I needed a vehicle 3 years ago, I got a loan through Chrysler Capital.  Didn't realize at the time that it was with them cause my previous loan was with Santander and I ended up with 4 late pays with them when I was supposed to be set up on a reduced payment plan; I was trying to get away from them when I got the loan, only to find out when the payment coupons came that I was still stuck with them.  Next loan will be with either PenFed or BBVA.  Every day I'm thankful for finding my fico cause I won't go down that bad road again.  Santander, Chrysler Capital, Ally, Americredit....all predatory.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chrysler Capital is a trademark of FCA US LLC (Chrysler itself) and is licensed to Santander Consumer USA Inc.

Has been for a while.

The two entities are symbiotic - basically, Santander is handling business for Chrysler Capital - but differentiated.

If you take a loan - refinance or purchase - from Santander to buy a vehicle, they will deal with you as Santander.

If you take a loan from Chrysler Capital, they will deal with you as Chrysler Capital.

Incidentally, they also handle RoadLoans too (Santander does).

All phone numbers, P O Boxes, and email addresses connected with financing under any of these entities lead back to Santander in Dallas.

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree. Im happy I got my new loan with Capital one. Even though the interest rate is high, I hope to refi with DCU by the end of the year.

Lesson learned

Message 6 of 10
RonM21
Valued Contributor

I've dealt with Santander before and can understand the frustration. I'm sure others would say they had good experiences with them, but many have not.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 7 of 10
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

The best place to get financed for a car purchase is a CU not any financial arm of the mfgr or a major bank.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gdale6 wrote:

The best place to get financed for a car purchase is a CU not any financial arm of the mfgr or a major bank.

To a certain extent. Some have special financing at 0% for captive lending. Which no CU will do 0%

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just finished paying of my Santander car loan last month and ill never EVER do that again with them =/
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.