Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Santander SUXXXXX

tag
Ceejay1978
Regular Contributor

Santander SUXXXXX

I posted here that I was able to get two lates removed from my reports by Santander back in May.  They were lates for October and November 2010.  I was able to ger a letter faxed to me verifying that those lates had been removed.  No problem.

Then recently those lates plus another late for May 2011 popped up. This was indeed incorrect.  I called last month and they said it would be updated.  Fine, no problem.  My lender did a pull still showed May's late still showing up.  So my lender said call and have this removed and have them fax the letter to him.

Easy right!!!!  NO! So I call today and the rep from Santander says I will update May but then it was June that was actually late and I am updating that now.   I had an arrangment for June also- because of my pay date I couldnt make the payment until the 14th instead of the due date on the 11th.  At that time, the rep said that they would not report it since I had the arrangment.  I have the name and info of that rep and everything.  The credit department today said-THEY LIED.  We are updating it and thats that! NOW,  I'm screwed for 3 measley days.

They will not send a letter saying May was current without also including that June was late.  My lender said this one late dropped my score 38 points on EXP and a whopping 54 points on TU!!!  Now if it is updated for June, Its pobably going to have an even worst affect! 

I think I am going to cry Woman Sad

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Santander SUXXXXX

AWWWW, not fair!!! So sorry to hear this!!! They can be a pain - I am having an issue with Chase - they can't find my account when I call them, but when I dispute, they still say I had a late mortgage payment when I didn't - we refi'd and paid the mortgage in full - not late! These companies are impossible sometimes!
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had my car loan through CitiFinancial and Santander bought them out.  They are HORRIBLE!!!  I have the same problem you are having - same months reported late too, oddly enough!  But they will not fix it for nothing!  With them, they have no grace period - your due date is the due date and they report you late if it's paid the next day.  I just keep harrassing them - hopefully they will give in...eventually.  I know, I'm a dreamer. 

Message 3 of 8
stoopidmunkee
Regular Contributor

I'm sorry that happened to you.  I'm sadly stuck with them due to a car wreck and I didn't have strong enough credit to get re-approved with Capital One.  May goal is to with in the next year or so try and get my CU to refinance it for me since they stink.  I hope things work out better for you with them.

CITI - $3500 - CAP1 - $750 - RZMC - $600 - BOA - $600 - CAP2 -$500 - Credit Union $500

TU: 707 (From Wal-Mart's website) * Finally made the 700 club!!!!!!!*
Message 4 of 8
sassymomof2
Frequent Contributor

Wait a sec! You mean to tell me they are reporting 30 day lates if you are only 1 day past due??! Seems like inaccurate credit reporting. Maybe you can get them to pay you for damages.

Starting Fico Feb 2011 EQ 570 TU 580 EX ?
May 2014 EQ 709 EX 684 TU discover 665

Closed on first home April 26, 2012!
Last app August 2, 2014. Gardening indefinitely!!!
Message 5 of 8
hardworker77
Contributor

That does sound CRAZY....I thought you had to be at least 30 days behind? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Message 6 of 8
GWilliam
Valued Member

With Santander it is consided 30 days late if you didn't have a payment posted by the due date since it was 30 days from the last due date??? I know as I missed my due date by one day and now my CR show a 30 day late for January '11, was hoping to GW them, but it doesn't look promising.  

Starting Score: EQ 530 TU 550
Current Score: EQ 693 TU 697
Goal Score: 720+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 8
sassymomof2
Frequent Contributor

If they are doing that, someone needs to call a lawyer ASAP. They cannot report on your credit bureau a 30 day late if your payment is 1 day past due. 61 days past due is another story. You all need to request an account history and get on this. You should be two payments behind when there is a 30 day late on your credit report-not one day late!

Starting Fico Feb 2011 EQ 570 TU 580 EX ?
May 2014 EQ 709 EX 684 TU discover 665

Closed on first home April 26, 2012!
Last app August 2, 2014. Gardening indefinitely!!!
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.