Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Santander late payment report - Credit Bureau Dispute

tag
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

Santander late payment report - Credit Bureau Dispute

I had lots of late payments reported from Santander back in 2011. Had been paying on time since November 2011 till today. I asked Santander to delete the late payments and they mentioned they can't. So I disputed it with credit bureaus as 'never paid late' and it's been more than 2 weeks no results of dispute. I know if the bureaus don't get any reply for about a month they delete any information that's disputed.
My question is will there be any trouble that Santander can cause?

Shell FCU : 5K
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Santander late payment report - Credit Bureau Dispute

If they were accurate you should not have disputed.

As far as trouble, all they can do is say no, they are accurate lates and they will remain.

Message 2 of 7
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

Thanks. I thought of give it a try anyway as it can't harm more than its doing now. If they don't reply by end of one month dispute, will the credit bureau delete the late payments?

Message 3 of 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Yes, probably.  But if Santander verifies them in the future they can be put back if the CRA certifies they are correct.

Message 4 of 7
DaBears
Senior Contributor

+1 I had Santander back in 2011. Never again. They are the worse. Thank God my current auto loan is through Chase. 

Message 5 of 7
KatieKatie
Regular Contributor

Hi, I'm curious to know if Santander eventually replied or if your lates were deleted.  Would you mind updating us?

Message 6 of 7
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

No Santander said they wont delete, so as the Credit Bureaus. My lates are now 2 years old and the more its getting old its having less impact. Though whenever I recon ed about a credit application, everyone asked about the reason of being late in auto loan in past. My FICO scores say it is not affecting as much as it was doing before. Guess i just have to live with it till 2018 Smiley Sad 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.