New Contributor

Santander

Does anyone have a GW contact for Santander?  If you do please PM me.  Thanks

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
ElMayimbe
Contributor

Re: Santander

Santander is HORRIBLE, not only do they lie to their customers but they also lie to CRAs. They refused to correct inaccurate info to agencies even after hey acknowledged their reps giving out incorrect information. Good luck but don't hold your breath.
BofA Amex $7500| Discover IT- $10K| Chase Sapphire Preferred $10k | Cap One $2000| Citi Hilton Reserve $10k
Message 2 of 10
Trott
Established Member

I was pretty surprised.  I called today and asked to be transferred to their department that handles credit bureau issues.  They gave me telephone number 1-866-923-9282.  I explained that there was a late payment on all three CAs that I really dont recall ever making late(fairly certain I did pay it late).  After a couple of minutes of a going back and forth, he said as a one time courtesy they would contact CA's for removal of this late payment.  Said would take about 10-14 days....crossing my fingers that they follow through!

Message 3 of 10
Catacam
Frequent Contributor

Thank you trott! I am going to call them right now.

CLOSED ON OUR FIRST HOME MAY 30TH!!!

Starting Score: TU 589 EQ 526 EX603
Current Score: TU 635 EQ 603 EX ??
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 4 of 10
Catacam
Frequent Contributor

Big time fail. They told me no way.

CLOSED ON OUR FIRST HOME MAY 30TH!!!

Starting Score: TU 589 EQ 526 EX603
Current Score: TU 635 EQ 603 EX ??
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 5 of 10
PRC
New Contributor

I sent a GW letter to the president of the company (I guess).  I have not heard anything back.  I will also call the number provided as well.  Thanks for the info and I will keep you posted. 

Message 6 of 10
PRC
New Contributor

ELMayimbe - You are so correct.  They really screwed me over in 2010 right when they took over.  My car was totaled in Sept 2010 (they took over that same month).  They receive a lump sum payment of $10,450.36 and I only owed roughly $275.00.  They sent me an re-amortization letter in Sept.  stating that they receive the payment and that they re-amortized my account and that I would only have to pay $50.00 each month until 06/2012 (LOL really) and that my next payment was due 10/22/2010... I paid them on 10/19/2010 $150.00... SURPRISE nothing was applied towards my bal owed, all unexplained fees and they said my payment was late.  they started calling on 10/23/2010 requesting a payment.  The call center rep stated they saw the payment did not know what was going on and that they would have it reviewed.  NOTHING HAPPENED.... AGAIN the same thing in November this time I paid $100.00 on 11/21/2010 and again nothing was applied to my bal.  only mysterious fees...

To make a long story short I had to contact the Texas Credit Consumer Affairs office and have them contact them for an actual pay off amount and explanation of fees.  In December I finally receive a payoff amount of $271.50 good until 01/08/2011 with no real explanation of the fees.  I paid them off  and the account was closed but my credit was hit with 2 latest both November and December.  So we will see what comes out of me playing NICE to them.  I just need this off so I can get me a mortgage. 

Message 7 of 10
dobirdsmommy
Established Contributor

This is all scaring the living out of me.

*knock on Wood* I so far have been with Santander from October. They were the only one to give me a loan.. at 19% *GAG*

So now that I have built my little way out of the hole I was in from the 400's to my best of 609 now, I can refi..

It scares me to think of refinancing and something goes wrong and poof my first installation loan good payment since 10/11 goes out the door.

They are reporting accurately, I have never been late, Actually I always pay them 1-2 weeks early.

Anyone have positives about them

?

building since 2011 Wallet:ME: Walmart 3k;Barclays Rewards 10k, Venture 18k; Slate 5k; Freedom 10k; overstock 4.8k, SGV2.5k; WEMC 20k 1.5 Rewards, Gamestop 1.2k, Fingerhut 3k; 2 NMAC Leases , VS 1.75k, BH 1.62k, Express 1.6k, Avenue 1.75k, JCrew 5k, HSN 1.47k, Torrid 1.55k, Roamans 1.4k, Jessica London 1.54k, kings direct 1.7k, Buckle 1.4k, WW 1.65k, ........ baddies:Fed Tax Lien
DH: 1750 capital one fh 2000, AU - VS, BH, HSN, WEMC, SPGV. Freedom, Slate, Venture, Barclays
Message 8 of 10
PRC
New Contributor

Hopefully you will be fine.  I will keep you  posted on if I have some good news to share about them. Woman Happy

Message 9 of 10
ecalmese
Regular Contributor

@Trott wrote:

I was pretty surprised.  I called today and asked to be transferred to their department that handles credit bureau issues.  They gave me telephone number 1-866-923-9282.  I explained that there was a late payment on all three CAs that I really dont recall ever making late(fairly certain I did pay it late).  After a couple of minutes of a going back and forth, he said as a one time courtesy they would contact CA's for removal of this late payment.  Said would take about 10-14 days....crossing my fingers that they follow through!

did they clear it off your report?

Started January 2013 in the lower 500s
Scores (as of January 2014) Equifax 630 | Experian 646 | Transunion 674
With the help of you all; I am working my way to the 700 club!
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.