Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Satisfied Tax lien in Maine???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Satisfied Tax lien in Maine???

Anyone from Maine have any experience having these removed. Searched and found some old post from 2012 but no update. Appearantly Maine does not report these to the CA's but the CA's do searches of public records and uses that. It was from 2009 and satisfied in 2010. Thanks for any help and info.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Satisfied Tax lien in Maine???

Hello fellow mainer. I am actually a floridian now, but I digress.  I just paid off a tax lien about a month back.  I tried everything to get it withdrawn and not just released, but I failed.  They told me that Maine just does not do this.  I talked to the court and to the department that I actually paid and it was a no go.  I paid it anyway, just because i want to buy a house and did not want to have an unpaid lien.  Also, I did owe the money whether I agreed with it or not.  I lived there for one month and somehow that is 2000 dollars worth of income tax.  So, i was not able to get it removed.  If you have any better luck, please let me know. 

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Satisfied Tax lien in Maine???

Hope the weather in florida is better. I'll keep you informed but honestly I have little hope from what I've researched. Good news is it will clear in 1/2017.

Thanks for taking time to reply and have a cuban mix sandwich for meSmiley Happy oh and don't forget the key lime pie for desertSmiley Happy

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.