Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scared...one last worry (CA) before I can sleep well

tag
jbh
Established Contributor

Scared...one last worry (CA) before I can sleep well

In a pile of old mail, I found a letter from one CA re: a chase account that went under. It happened when a merchant account billed me multiple times. There was an overdraft and it went into Chex.

I am not sure if that ca still controls it, although chex refers to the O.C. Would it be too late to just pay the bank or at least dispute it because it really should not have been as much as it is ($200+). I was so angry I just closed it and moved on (big mistake, I know) and I literally forgot about it over time. 

Now I want to settle it before it hits any cra's. Nothing has hit my main reports, but since it's been 2+ years since the incident and 1+ year since the CA mailed me, I am scared it was sold/etc. How can I **bleep** this in the bud? It's the last possible baddie that I know of, if it hits, and I'd hate to lose my business card because of it.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Scared...one last worry (CA) before I can sleep well

I'd call the OC to see if they still own the debt. If so, then I'd work out a PFD to get it removed from Chex. If they don't own it, then I'd figure out from them who they sold it to. If they sold it to that CA, then I probably would take the change to DV them. Well, maybe I would wait....
Message 2 of 6
jbh
Established Contributor

If they sold it to a ca, I would expect it's impossible for them to do so. I will try though.

That said, it is common to report it 2+ years later after for cra's? I figure that's what chex was for.

Also, I'd rather just pay it asap before it hits, increase my chances that I can

keep it off. Nobody will do any favors if I do not.

Thank you and have a happy new year.

Message Edited by jbh on 01-01-2009 04:16 PM
Message 3 of 6
jbh
Established Contributor

Is it standard for overdrafts to be reported to cra's?
Message 4 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

jbh wrote:
Is it standard for overdrafts to be reported to cra's?

I have seen examples here of bank overdrafts reporting, but IMO, if they haven't reported to the big 3 by now, they probably won't report at all. Of course, the CA could report.
Message 5 of 6
jbh
Established Contributor

That is my concern, the CA. Not sure why they haven't done so yet...but I have to hope it stays that way.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.