cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

School Loan Problems, Need Help

tag
jblock87

School Loan Problems, Need Help

I have had a whirlwind experience with credit.. If you read below I could really use some help.

In college I went away from my family for school. My dad was a great dad and paid for some of my college. He also took out the loans for me in my name, as I was alittle too dependent on family at this time.. He asked for my approval and I said yes.

Towards my senior year I got a full time job making decent money, and then went to school part time. At this time my father moved me into forbearance, and told me it was all good even though I would be in school longer. The 2nd to last semester of my schooling I droped below 6 hours as thats all I needed to finish, and lost my "Forbearance" on all of my 5 loans as I wasnt a "half time student"

Since my dad filled out the paperwork I had no idea they became immediatly due if you have less than 6 credit hours... Nelnet the great company that they are, says they sent out notices. I never recieved any, and my father says he didnt also..  

When I got out of school and started paying my loans, I noticed I had 180 days late on ALL 5 of my student loans in my name.. 

For over 2 years I have been paying in full and on time.. I have also been fighting to get the 180 days late removed to no avail. Nelnet says: the only way to remove them is to get the school to say you were at least a half time student during the time you lost forbearance.  Does any one know of anything else I can do, or am I just screwed for 5 more years?

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.