Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score BOOST! (UPDATE 12/19!!!!!)

tag
annielorie
Valued Contributor

Re: Score BOOST! (see green update)

Persistence is the key. You say midland wont GW but you mention you changed schools did your addredd change as well and could there have been a letter or two that did not reach you hence the late payment.  Most that say they dont good will like Sallie mae will if only there is some cause out of your hands like a fowarding order worth a shot if that was the case.  You are doing a spot on job Good luck and keeep us informed when yuou break 700 it'll happenSmiley Wink

Starting Score: 0
Current Score: TR??FICOEQ ?? FICO
Goal Score: 760

Lowes7,000 Discover More 2800. Jcpenny 6,000
Chase freedom 800 Never take NO for an answer!!
Message 21 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@annielorie wrote:

Persistence is the key. You say midland wont GW but you mention you changed schools did your addredd change as well and could there have been a letter or two that did not reach you hence the late payment.  Most that say they dont good will like Sallie mae will if only there is some cause out of your hands like a fowarding order worth a shot if that was the case.  You are doing a spot on job Good luck and keeep us informed when yuou break 700 it'll happenSmiley Wink

Hi, thanks for your reply. The account that had the late due to my school change is actually with a different company, and I was able to GW them to remove the late. It hasn't been updated on my CR yet, but I have a letter saying they will. Midland, on the other hand, is for another account that went to collection that I have since paid, but they aren't willing to do a delete GW. At least not yet. I'll keep trying.

Thanks again, and I will definitely be shouting it from the rooftops when I break 700 haha. So you'll all be informed Smiley Happy

Message 22 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@rckstrscott wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Just got an updated score from EQ via SW. Needless to say I'm quite happy. Hoping to continue this upward trend and hopefully qualify for a mortgage soon Smiley Happy

Making great headway! Congrays!

-scott

Thanks!!!

Message 23 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bank of America CC is already reporting (haven't even received the card yet). EQ updated its records and is showing a nice little score bump. 25 POINTS! New scores in siggy.

Message 24 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Newbie Introduction & A Few Questions

Updates -  Student Loan reporting 30 day late finally removed, Cap 1 and BOA secured reporting. SW reported score change: EQ 695!!! Really happy about that. Not interested in paying for TU FICO at the moment, but hopefully that has risen as well. Who knows with Experian. Oddly, BOA still hasn't shown up on EX.

On another note, since my repair journey is going so well, I have started working towards getting a mortgage a little earlier than I had originally planned. Met with Citi Bank LO, who "pre-qualified" me for $275K. I submitted all of my paperwork for an official pre-approval, and based on his preliminary review, he says I should have no trouble getting credit and income approved. Everything has to go through the UW to be certain, but I am feeling cautiously optimistic about my odds. 

Infinite thanks to all of the wonderful, knowledgeable, and helpful people who make up these boards. I honestly doubt I would have made this progress wthout MyFico!

Message 25 of 46
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

man from august to september your score increase almost 200 points ? that's insane from august1 to sep 5........mine slowly increase even i had 3 credit card update and a student loan and nothing late but a few charge off and 1 collection everything under dispute now....wish i would had your score.....only 664 for now...

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 26 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@nicholasyud wrote:

man from august to september your score increase almost 200 points ? that's insane from august1 to sep 5........mine slowly increase even i had 3 credit card update and a student loan and nothing late but a few charge off and 1 collection everything under dispute now....wish i would had your score.....only 664 for now...

It's actually about a 100 pt increase but thank you! Yes I am surprised too. Just keep working at it and I'm sure your scores will keep going up as well. Thanks again and good luck Smiley Happy And btw 664 is a pretty respectable score, so be proud!

Message 27 of 46
tjc
Established Member

Before I got on this forum, I DV my midland collection and it was removed.  

hope this helps

Message 28 of 46
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It's actually about a 100 pt increase but thank you! Yes I am surprised too. Just keep working at it and I'm sure your scores will keep going up as well. Thanks again and good luck Smiley Happy And btw 664 is a pretty respectable score, so be proud!

yeah i start as 550 in  May......need to boost it to 700 and want that Discover so bad but gotta be on the patient  game ;-(.....

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 29 of 46
jamie123
Valued Contributor

Congrats!!!!

Great job!

Wow, your scores took off like a rocket!

Thanks for stopping back to let us know how it is going. So often after we give people advice they just disappear and we don't really know if our advice worked or not.

Starting Score: EQ 653 6/21/12
Current Score: EQ 817 3/10/20 - EX 820 3/13/20 - TU 825 3/03/20
Message 30 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.