cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score Bump With NO Change @ Freecreditreport?

tag
lmfields84
Regular Contributor

Score Bump With NO Change @ Freecreditreport?

Does anyone else pull daily?  I use freecreditreport(dot)com to monitor my husband's report, and today he got a 22 point increase (woo hoo!) but not a thing had changed.  What is weird is that in the "report summary" it shows 8 accounts reporting as of yesterday, and only 7 today- but on the actual report, there are still 8 accounts.  Balances are the same, his one collection that is awaiting deletion is still hanging out there, same # of inquiries... its just strange.  Any idea on what is going on?

Our 2014 Rebuilding Log- Check Out Our Progress!
In Our Wallet: NFCU Cash Rewards $14k | NFCU LOC $15k | NFCU LOC $12k | NFCU Platinum Visa $8.5k | NFCU Platinum MC $1k Discover IT $1400 | Walmart Store Card $1.4k | Synchrony $1k | ToysRUs $500
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Score Bump With NO Change @ Freecreditreport?

@lmfields84 wrote:

Does anyone else pull daily?  I use freecreditreport(dot)com to monitor my husband's report, and today he got a 22 point increase (woo hoo!) but not a thing had changed.  What is weird is that in the "report summary" it shows 8 accounts reporting as of yesterday, and only 7 today- but on the actual report, there are still 8 accounts.  Balances are the same, his one collection that is awaiting deletion is still hanging out there, same # of inquiries... its just strange.  Any idea on what is going on?

I'd ignore the score, it's a FAKO, and just focus on the information on your reports.   If the info hasn't changed then it's likely his FICO score is unchanged.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 3
tomfromrictmame
Frequent Contributor

Re: Score Bump With NO Change @ Freecreditreport?

In addition to the well documented "usefulness"  of FAKO's, one has to be careful about the veracity of these third party reports.  The only true reports are those that are pulled directly from the CRA's; this includes the "reports" pulled here.  I'm not badmouthing, but I can show countless examples of information that appears on my official reports and not on third party (USAA, freecreditreport.com, myFico, EIDT etc.) and vice versa.  Right now my USAA report shows an OC TL on EX, and TU, while my actual reports show the TL on all three.  Caveat emptor.

AMEX Platinum NPSL | BofA Cash Rewards Visa $50K | NFCU Sig Visa $27K | Chase Marriott Rewards Visa $25K | AMEX Delta Skymiles $25K | BofA Sig Visa $25K | First Tech Odyssey MC $25K | AMEX HHonors Surpass $23K | Chase United Club Unlimited Visa $20K | Barclays AAdvantage WMC $17K | NFCU LOC $15K | NASA Platinum Visa $15K| NFCU Sig Visa $14K
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.