Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score Bump

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Score Bump

The alert from MyFico finally came today. I had a fraudulent collection that was removed. My score went from 666 to 744 - 78 points! I only have two cards, Walmart and QS1. I did the pre-qual for Cap1 and I am good to go for Venture and Venture 1. I am now a fan of Cap1 as they gave me credit when others would not - although very, very low SL. I travel quite a bit, income is $160K and I think the SL I may should hopefully be pretty decent. I also want an Amex and then garden for a year before I go after the CSP. Is there an order I should go in to maximize my new, hard fought score? Thanks to all the great insight from all. I would still be fighting to improve my score without the help

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Score Bump

Congrats! That's an impressive jump. Well done.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice job and  awesome score jump !

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

The alert from MyFico finally came today. I had a fraudulent collection that was removed. My score went from 666 to 744 - 78 points! I only have two cards, Walmart and QS1. I did the pre-qual for Cap1 and I am good to go for Venture and Venture 1. I am now a fan of Cap1 as they gave me credit when others would not - although very, very low SL. I travel quite a bit, income is $160K and I think the SL I may should hopefully be pretty decent. I also want an Amex and then garden for a year before I go after the CSP. Is there an order I should go in to maximize my new, hard fought score? Thanks to all the great insight from all. I would still be fighting to improve my score without the help

Congrats on getting the score bump!

Many people going to Cap1, and especially for travel cards, go for the Venture first, and then within minutes also go for the Quick Silver.  Cap1 almost always pulls all three bureaus and if you make the second app right after the first, it gets consolidated into one set of triple pulls.  Just make sure it isnt during a time when it could be considered the next day.  Not sure what time zone Cap1 uses, but I would play it safe and do it well before midnight EST, just to be sure.

Amex uses EX most of the time.  Many people app for a charge card and also a revolver at the same time. 

You didnt mention the number of INQs you have.  Ouf of those two, I would say Amex is more sensitive to INQs so I would app there first.

Further down the road, after your new Cap1 account(s) are settled, you might be able to consolidate your QS1 into the QS to move the original CL to the new one.

Not sure how that would work with AAoA though.  It would be nice if you could keep oldest date.

BTW, personally, I like to have accounts spread across multiple CCCs so that any new policy changes from one company doesnt make it too uncomfortable for me.  You would have two CCCs with Amex and Cap1, still better than just one, but for the next one, I would diversify.  Just my opinion though.

HTH

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!  Nicely done!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.