Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score Decrease on Transunion

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Score Decrease on Transunion

Checked my TU score today on MY Fico, trying desperately to get to 620. I am subscribed to True credit, got an alert and checked on My Fico. Three days ago my score was 592.  Today I had a Sears auth user account added $11k limit 0 balance no lates and the balance on a cc with $450.00 limit went from $250.00 to $29.00. So I was greatly anticipating an increase and checked my score and it is 569! Aside from above there are no other changes, no new negatives. It does say on my fico that I have a recent late (which I do not) and it says from 0 months ago! I have no idea, very frustrated and about to throw in the towel. Can anyone offer me any insight?
Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Score Decrease on Transunion

I suspect there is a date change somewhere that caused this. I would look at those dates closely for all negatives.
Message 7 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Who is it saying the late is from? (is it an open acct?)  Is that late also showing on the True Credit report??
BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi. It does not say. This is what is says for the reason my score is decreased on My Fico " Your most recent late payment happened 0 months" 

I checked my report carefully and all of my current cards are current, paid as agreed no lates. I have two charge offs, a judgement and the only thing showing on my report as 30 day late is an MVA loan from Americredit, late was in 2004 and account was paid down to zero in 2004.

I have found that calling TransUnion is not helpful when such things happened because they ask what score I am talking about and I quote the one on My Fico then tell me that it is not the score that they have and then ask me if I want to buy there score. Essentially with the exception of the two referenced accounts ealier, auth user positive history zero balance and cc paid down to $29.00, I think I should have seen an increase.

The judgement I have is from 2004 $1107, I just got it vacated, I am trying to figure out of if I get it removed from my report if I will get an increase or decrease because of rebucketing. I will still have the charge offs (two captial one nightmares of which they REFUSE to settle for any reasonable amount. Both coming of my report in 12/09.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

ksm3672 wrote:

Hi. It does not say. This is what is says for the reason my score is decreased on My Fico " Your most recent late payment happened 0 months" 

I checked my report carefully and all of my current cards are current, paid as agreed no lates. I have two charge offs, a judgement and the only thing showing on my report as 30 day late is an MVA loan from Americredit, late was in 2004 and account was paid down to zero in 2004.

Check all the dates on these negative accounts. Has any of them changed? Compare the two reports side by side, line by line. Dates are more important than most realize.

I have found that calling TransUnion is not helpful when such things happened because they ask what score I am talking about and I quote the one on My Fico then tell me that it is not the score that they have and then ask me if I want to buy there score. Essentially with the exception of the two referenced accounts ealier, auth user positive history zero balance and cc paid down to $29.00, I think I should have seen an increase.

The judgement I have is from 2004 $1107, I just got it vacated, I am trying to figure out of if I get it removed from my report if I will get an increase or decrease because of rebucketing. I will still have the charge offs (two captial one nightmares of which they REFUSE to settle for any reasonable amount. Both coming of my report in 12/09.

Message 4 of 9
moondog7324
Frequent Contributor

Has one of those charge offs updated? Is there a CO in the most recent calender box? I have a charge off from Cap1, that kills me everymoth they update- Did you recently dispute one of the charge offs?
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes both of my Cap One Charge off's update every month. both $300 cards one is $2400.00 one is $1600.00, Cap One will not settle for anything reasonable, both accounts due to come off Dec 2009, THANK GOD! These are the only accounts I can not get anywhere with. Cap One referred them both out to a CA, when I call Capital One they wont talk to me because they say they do not have the accounts, however CA will not return my calls, I feel like I am doing role reversal because I am hounding the ca instead of them hounding me! But no I did not recently dispute them, I am leaving those two accounts alone.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I suspect there is a date change somewhere that caused this. I would look at those dates closely for all negatives.
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank You. I plan to, dont have a printer at home so tomorrow at work I am printing out both and going over everything!
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

You were so right! Spent entire morning on the phone with My fico and Transunion! An Applied Bank Charge off rptd in 2000 and charged off in 2003 is now reporting as opened as of 5/2009! Therefore rest of my morning was spent yelling at them!. Thank You, this will hopefully get cleared up quickly as I will stay on everyone everyday if I have to and I am hoping my score will go back to what it was!
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.