Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score Difference

tag
livgrace
Valued Member

Score Difference

Today I pulled my TU and EQ scores and reports from myfico.  My TU score is 690 and EQ is 608.  When I shop for credit by score, which score do I use?  It is a huge difference and it really threw me off.  Thanks for any advice.

Starting Score: EQ 551
Current Score: TU 690 - EQ 607 - EX ?
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Score Difference

They are both valid FICO scores.  The one from TU is TU98 and an older version.  Not too many still use that.  EQ is the Beacon 5.0 and still in use by most lenders who use EQ.

Message 2 of 7
mauve
Valued Contributor

Try whogavemecredit.com - you can search by score and bureau. i.e., a good number of credit cards will only look at one of the bureaus and that can help you find which ones. Make sure to look at the dates, though - you'll obviously want the most recent info.

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Message 3 of 7
livgrace
Valued Member

Thank for responses! Do you know where I can purchase an accurate, or close to accurate (what lenders would see) Experian score?

I'm frustrated because I finally have all my negative trades paid off and all my open credit (4 credit cards and a student loan) are all paid on time, yet my scores aren't improving as much as I had hoped. I pay any card balances in full each month and all have zero balances. The student loan is for my daughter and deferred till she graduates in 2015.

I've rented the last four years and really want to purchase a home. I'm beginning to feel like it will be years before my scores are high enough for NJ standards.

Message 4 of 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

You haven't been able to purchase an EX FICO since Feb 2009.  There is nothing comparable to a real FICO.

Message 5 of 7
livgrace
Valued Member

I bought my report and score from EX yesterday.  The score I got was 678. That's not really a reliable score, right?  I have a Privacy Matters subscription and that lists my EX score as 552.  It's so frustrating that the score difference is more than 100 pts and I have no idea what my score is without a lender pull.

Message 6 of 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

No, it isn't a FICO score. 

There is a CU in PA that uses EX but I am not sure if you have to live in the area to become a member.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.