Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score Discrepancies are Ridiculous

tag
songsofexperience
Frequent Contributor

Score Discrepancies are Ridiculous

I've had a ScoreWatch membership for over a year and have watched my scores climb as I clean up (see my signature). This week I've pulled reports/scores from the three CRAs as I've been getting disputes removed and checking for consistency (signed up for free trial to get them all). I'm seeing my scores vary by quite a bit! I would expect this of Fico vs FAKO, but from the CRAs themselves?

According to MyFico: EQ 672| EX 655| TU 683

According to Equifax: EQ 634| EX 613 | TU 631

According to Experian: EX Plus 669

Also, EX and TU both have my oldest account (a student loan) at 22 years 6 months with an AAoA of 10 years 6 months. EQ has oldest account (CC) at 11 years 6 months and AAoA at 6 years 2 months.

EQ also has more enquiries (twice as many) as the other two (although I guess some lenders only pull from them and not all three).

I know that different scoring models are used, but I just don't understand why MyFico EQ is 672 but EQ's EQ is 634! As far as I know I have not been converted to Fico 08 on MyFico.

If a lender pulled and got scores similar to MyFico I'd feel pretty good. If they got EQ scores . . . well, I'm just disheartened!

It really shouldn't be this difficult to get consistency, not only in scoring, but also in reporting.

Starting Score: 2/2013 EQ 535
Current Score My Fico: 5/23 EQ 808| EX 812 | TU 800
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
songsofexperience
Frequent Contributor

Re: Score Discrepancies are Ridiculous

My bad -  more reading here and I now know that scores you get from the CRAs are FAKOs. Duh!

Starting Score: 2/2013 EQ 535
Current Score My Fico: 5/23 EQ 808| EX 812 | TU 800
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.