Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score Drama

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Score Drama

Start Rant -- So tonight I get an email from Capital One 360 "open a checking account blah blah and in 45 days we will give you $50".  Who can't use $50 I already opened a savings account with them for a free $25.  The part I didn't see was they do a HP to your EQ.  The request comes back denied with an insta email telling me my EQ score is 533 and you have these problems.  Almost in the same instant I get an email from myFico telling me there was a change to myFico score results increase 591 -> 605.  I understand there are differences in the way things are scored but that kind of ridiculous a little bit of regulation in the scores would be nice!—End Rant

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Score Drama

Are you sure Capital One didn't pull transunion? My transunion score is always my lowest score.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very sure:

Your credit score is too low. Specific factors affecting your score are included below.

Because of this, you can't open 360 Checking.

We obtained your credit information from Equifax, an outside credit reporting agency on 07/31/2014. Below is your credit score that was reported to us. Your score reflects the information in your credit report and can change depending on how the information in your report changes.

Your Reported Credit Score: 533 
Credit Score Range Low to High: 300 to 850 
Factors Negatively Impacting Your Credit Score:

• Serious delinquency, and derogatory public record or collection filed
  • Proportion of balances to credit limits is too high on bank revolving or other revolving accounts
  • Length of time since derogatory public record or collection is too short
  • Time since delinquency is too recent or unknown

My TU score is actually my highest score depending on who you believe...my fico scores tend to be 40-50 points higher than these other generic scores that get thrown around.  Thanks to the good information on these boards I have gotten 4 items deleted and had the OC correct their reporting on a couple more.  I just need to working on my itchy app finger.  My rant was really about score reporting you look at one report your score is 480 the next says 627.  I have read plenty of post from people saying just clean up your reports fix you utilization make all payments and everything else will follow.  I was trying to use the score as a meter of success...but I can see they can just be too unreliable 

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

They are unreliable but I can tell you that I had a lender pulled score of I think 489 in February and just paying my overall card utilization down to 29% got me a score of 637 last week. Utilization is HUGE. I would work on that then worry about the bads.
Message 4 of 5
finallyfixingit
Regular Contributor

I understand your frustration. My credit score is all over the place as well.

TU 594

EX 596

EQ 576 per lender but 534 per Equifax site

CK 560

MyFico 608

Because of this I am just going to stop applying. I was approved for a capital one secured card and a Fingerhut card. I also have a new car loan. I am going to sit on those for a while and clean up the last 3 baddies on my credit report totaling $1400. My goal is to get all of those scores to 650 and then I will go from there.

I am thankful to this board though because I have recently managed to get two Jefferson Capital accounts and HSBC all removed from my credit report over the last two days.

7/14 Scores: EQ- 576, TU- 589, EX- 567
3/7/15 Scores: EQ- 666, TU- 680, EX- 669

last app 3/11/15
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.