cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score Drop 26 Points - Macys Screw Up.......

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Score Drop 26 Points - Macys Screw Up.......

Talk me off the ledge...........

Just pulled my CCT and my Experian has dropped 26 points to 647.  I'm ready to cry.  I disputed Macys on my TU and EQ.  They removed the IIB remarks on TU but the reporting is still messed up.   The EX has the dispute noted and that they are investigating.

WELL on my EX, Macys reported a LATE payment for May, for an account that has been closed for 2+ years!  I'm LIVID right now - scared to death it's going to get SP'd and I'll have AA on it.  My time since last negative is 0.0 years.  I'm going to cry - there's nothing I can do right now to call with it being a Sunday Smiley Sad

Will be fixing this first thing on Monday, that's for sure. 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Score Drop 26 Points - Macys Screw Up.......

@Anonymous wrote:

Talk me off the ledge...........

Just pulled my CCT and my Experian has dropped 26 points to 647.  I'm ready to cry.  I disputed Macys on my TU and EQ.  They removed the IIB remarks on TU but the reporting is still messed up.   The EX has the dispute noted and that they are investigating.

WELL on my EX, Macys reported a LATE payment for May, for an account that has been closed for 2+ years!  I'm LIVID right now - scared to death it's going to get SP'd and I'll have AA on it.  My time since last negative is 0.0 years.  I'm going to cry - there's nothing I can do right now to call with it being a Sunday Smiley Sad

Will be fixing this first thing on Monday, that's for sure. 

Walk slowwwly back from the ledge.  Don't look back or look down...look straight ahead.  It's going to be alright.  Your hard work is not in vein.  CCT is both a blessing and a curse.  Every other day my score either goes up a couple of points or down the same.  At least you know it is a mistake and you will fix it.  Just remember....Macy's is one screwed up company.  My payment history didn't report for 6 months when they updated the website and even now I have nothing showing for that time.  Who are you worried about AA'ing you? 

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I knew this could happen when I started requesting them to fix the reports.  But never in a million years did I think they would report a late payment in May 2016.  That's the ONLY payment history on the account now and I didn't even dispute the EX account for reporting inaccurately yet.

I'm the most worried about BofA and PenFed.  I'm not worried about Capital One but those other two accounts are newer and accounts I really, really wanted.  Thankfully, PenFed only pulls EQ and as of right now my EQ went up a few points.  For BofA, their latest fix has my TU dropping by a couple of points, but I'm hopeful that my long term relationship with them, the small $1k limit and quick payments will fly under the radar for right now.  It was probably a boarder line approval with an EX of 678 but I really, really wanted this card too.

On the plus side - instead of fixing the account, US Bank just deleted the trade line.  I lost a 8 year account that was supposed to be (but reporting wrong) in good standing but it didn't drop my AAoA by much.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I knew this could happen when I started requesting them to fix the reports.  But never in a million years did I think they would report a late payment in May 2016.  That's the ONLY payment history on the account now and I didn't even dispute the EX account for reporting inaccurately yet.

I'm the most worried about BofA and PenFed.  I'm not worried about Capital One but those other two accounts are newer and accounts I really, really wanted.  Thankfully, PenFed only pulls EQ and as of right now my EQ went up a few points.  For BofA, their latest fix has my TU dropping by a couple of points, but I'm hopeful that my long term relationship with them, the small $1k limit and quick payments will fly under the radar for right now.  It was probably a boarder line approval with an EX of 678 but I really, really wanted this card too.

On the plus side - instead of fixing the account, US Bank just deleted the trade line.  I lost a 8 year account that was supposed to be (but reporting wrong) in good standing but it didn't drop my AAoA by much.

Don't have any credit products with either one of them.  Joined PenFed recently, but was told I'm an Egyptian, so I won't try with them again until December and applied for BOA once, got turned down, but don't think my profile works for them.  If there's any problems with PenFed you could probably write a statement to the lending department and explain the situation.  From what I've read on the forum, they seem great to work with. 

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looking closer through CCT, it looks like EX, EQ and TU were updated by DSNB/Macy's on 5/1/16, 5/1/16 and 5/6/16 respectively.  

I don't know why they keep reporting on this account every month?  They are the only company that does so.  It's only on EX that they deleted the history and updated it to a May "Failed to Pay" according to CCT.  I'm not sure, but how is it they have different reporting for each of the bureaus?  I'm thankful, but I don't get it.

I have monitoring service on EQ free through PenFed and I just saw that the pulls are unlimited, so I'll be pulling EQ and EX everyday.  That just leaves me with TU that I can't monitor - are there any reporting services that allow for free daily pulls?

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not that I'm aware of.  I get my monthly updates for TU from Barclays, Walmart, CCT, and Discover and I am lucky that they each report different times of the month, so each 4 weeks are covered.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update - called EX, Macy's reset my bankruptcy date to May and erased all payment history. EX is fixing internally (24-72 hrs).

TU dispute just updated, Macy's didn't change anything at all. TU considers it resolved, grrr, the dates and information are still wrong. I have paperwork proving they are reporting wrong.

EQ still in dispute status

I also called Macy's EO to see what's happening. She said she'd call me back with more information but only took my name and phone number and didn't even ask how to spell it, not holding out any hope here.

Filed a complaint on it - I gave them a chance and they are just making it worse with each update. Hopefully that lights a fire under them this time.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.