Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score Drops 20 Points With New Collection

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Score Drops 20 Points With New Collection

I totally forgot about this bill an bam it hits my CR an i loose 20 points. I have a question about PFD how do you go about doing that do you contact the company by phone an ask for PFD or do you send a letter. Also should they send you something in the mail before you pay i'm so confused how does it work. I been working of my credit for the past few months an was getting some good results an this hit makes me really wanna give up.
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Score Drops 20 Points With New Collection

Who is the CA???...what is the DOFD???...and What is your SOL???...

You should DV them first...then if they verify...send them a PFD letter...some comapnies are VERY good with PFDs...if its a well know company...good for PFDs...I would go straight for that...
Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

The collection is with ENHANCED RECOVERY CORP

It's a old at&t home phone bill for $271

Sorry what is a DOFD an SOL?
Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sol if the timeframe in which the CA has grounds to sue you...depends on which state you live in...or where you lived when the account was established...used the longest one...to be o the safe side...SOL is helpful...because you can end up DV a CA...and in return get sued....you can find your SOL here:

DOFD=Date of First Deliquency.....the account falls off your reports...7-7.5 years from the DOFD...if that is close..you do better....waiting for it to fall off...
Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

First Deliquency 8-1-2006

I called them today an was told they don't do PFD so where do i go from here.

Message Edited by mjbfan79 on 07-21-2008 04:14 PM
Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just talked to someone on the phone an i was told that other collection companies has had the collection in the past an they just got the collection in june of 08. What is the safest way i should go about paying this.
Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

BUMP
Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Because the CA told you that several other CAs had this   your DOFD/DOLA might be before 2006

Call ATT and see when your last payment to them was.

Then DV the CA  CMRRR         go from there.
Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you know for sure if this is your debt and that it's from 2006?  Mine (from AT&T as well) showed up as brand new and was actually from 1998.   I am starting to notice a lot of old AT&T collections popping up on this board. 

Take HappyDays advise Smiley Wink

Message Edited by TryingHarder4mykids on 07-21-2008 07:11 PM

Message Edited by TryingHarder4mykids on 07-21-2008 07:12 PM
Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

HappyDays
Because the CA told you that several other CAs had this   your DOFD/DOLA might be before 2006

Call ATT and see when your last payment to them was.

Called At&t everything is correct i know for a fact it is cause i just found a old bill now where do i go from here.
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.