cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score Increase!!... Or did it? I'm confused...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Score Increase!!... Or did it? I'm confused...

I just had a consultation with Lexington Law. My scores haven't moved much at all over the last couple of months and I'm not getting anywhere with GW letters. So I wanted to know what they could do for me. They pulled up my TU credit report and told me that my score was 619. When I asked if that was the FICO score he said that my FICO was around a 629, that right there confused me. Are either the 619 or 629 that Lexington pulled accurate? I haven't updated my score through myFico since 8/30/12 and since then the only change is a new auto loan. I didn't have any open installments so the auto loan should help with my mix of accounts but I didn't expect my score to jump up that much so soon...I'm really skeptical. Because the myFico score I pulled on 8/30 showed my TU at 558. 

Any tips or suggestions? 

Just as a side note, I'm not going to use Lexington Law. I don't think they can help me at this time, I pretty much did all of there work for them. Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Score Increase!!... Or did it? I'm confused...

It's doubtful they'd pull a FICO and pay a fee to FICO for pulling it. They probably have access to a FAKO at a reduced or free cost.

Message 2 of 3
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Score Increase!!... Or did it? I'm confused...

@llecs wrote:

It's doubtful they'd pull a FICO and pay a fee to FICO for pulling it. They probably have access to a FAKO at a reduced or free cost.

+1  Of course it's up to you but the money spent on them could probably better be used on paying accounts.   You can do the work yourself.  I always caution against using a credit repair service due to the fact they like to dispute everything with the CRAs.   YMMV of course.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.