Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score Increase Saddness

tag
kwinks
Regular Contributor

Score Increase Saddness

Sooo I finally got my last collection removed and guess what my huge increase was??? 6 whole points. I know I should be happy but.......I'm not. I was expecting like 20 minimum.

*sigh*

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Score Increase Saddness

Do you have other derogatory items?

Maybe recent lates or a PR or something?

I would have thought more points also.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kwinks wrote:

Sooo I finally got my last collection removed and guess what my huge increase was??? 6 whole points. I know I should be happy but.......I'm not. I was expecting like 20 minimum.

*sigh*

Congratulations on the last derog being removed. I know you have worked hard and that is something to celebrate. NOW, you can be assured that moving forward every ontime payment and new line of credit you build will be a positive effect on your file. Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kwinks wrote:

*sigh*

Don't feel bad. I had a collection removed, my only one, and my score went up 0 points lol. Had a judgment AND chargeoff removed the same day about a month later and lost 2 points for it. Granted these were from my CK file and were Vantage scores, but it sucks when you don't get the boost you expected. On the flip side, pulled my FICO08 in August when it had all the judgment and CO on it with 35% util on my CCs and my scores were EQ 687 TU 663 EX 651. With the judgment and CO gone and util at 2% the scores are now EQ 731 TU 734 EX 721. EX still has the collection showing. I hate those SOBs lol. Time heals credit! So does paying down credit cards!!! hahaha. Good luck

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sometimes you get rebucketed. Rhat will allow your score to get higher in the long run.
Message 5 of 6
kwinks
Regular Contributor

No other derogs, no inquiries, lates, or anything negative. AND i have been paying down debt. Makes no sense but i suppose 6 pts up is better than no points. I just figuref i'd be at the 700s by now
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.