Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score Increase

tag
wildstang
Contributor

Score Increase

Just got an alert from EQ 30 pt score increase. You guys were right, closed credit card is counted in UTIL even if its a CO. All I did was pay a small percentage of it so it jumped. Now I know to pay it down to get my score to go up even more. I also just got a secured card from USAA and waiting for them to report. I have no open CC so hopefully it will help me.

Starting Score: 470
Current Score: 610
Goal Score: 600

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Score Increase

Congrats! Thats a really big jump Smiley Very Happy

Message 2 of 3
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Score Increase

@wildstang wrote:

Just got an alert from EQ 30 pt score increase. You guys were right, closed credit card is counted in UTIL even if its a CO. All I did was pay a small percentage of it so it jumped. Now I know to pay it down to get my score to go up even more. I also just got a secured card from USAA and waiting for them to report. I have no open CC so hopefully it will help me.

Very good! 

Once the new CC shows up on your reports, it should really help your scores. Adding positive trade lines to your reports will help dilute some of the negative items on your reports.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.