cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score Taking Forever To Go Up????

tag

Score Taking Forever To Go Up????

So in April I had an EX score of 656. Today its at 663. Is it normal to go up this slow??

I haven't missed any payments in over 4 years and have been paying more that minimum payments. I opened a credit card on May 1st and a new auto loan on July 12th that are both in good standing. I also have 2 other credit cards I've had for a couple years that are in good standing.

I've had the following:

30 Day - Dec 2009

30 Day - January 2010

60 Day - February 2010

30 Day - May 2010

30 Day - May 2010

30 Day - July 2010

60 Day - August 2010

I know missed payments haunt you for 7 years. Considering I've made 117 payments on time over 7 accounts since my last delinquency I would think that my score would be going up a little quicker than 7 points in 7 months. Any thoughts?

Starting Score: EX 656 Current Score: EX 656 4/18/14 Goal Score: 720 by 1/1/15
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
CAP1 QUICKSILVER MASTERCARD: $4,000 | CAP1 CLASSIC PLATINUM MASTERCARD: $2,000 | KAY JEWELERS: $7,600
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

Re: Score Taking Forever To Go Up????

Hello.

30 and 60 day lates only hurt you for the first two years. Those marks should be coming off super soon, but you can always send in a goodwill asking for removal of the said lates. 

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

What Revolving Credit Card accounts do you have? what are the limits? and whats the balances on each?

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also have you pulled your files to see whats on them?

Message 4 of 6

Capital One with $2000 limit and $550 balance

Capital One Quicksilver $4000 limit and $2751 balance

Kay Jewlers/Belden Jewlers card with $7650 limit and $0 balance

I opened the Kay/Belden one on May 1st. They only ran my credit once to open the account but they're considered 2 seperate revolving accounts on my file with $3825 limit each.

I refinanced my old car in December 2013 and then traded in for a new car and opened a new loan with a new bank in July 2014. All accounts have been paid and more than the minumum due.

Do you think it would be worth disputing some of those late payments? It was so long ago and dont have any documentation or proof that I paid on time or not

Starting Score: EX 656 Current Score: EX 656 4/18/14 Goal Score: 720 by 1/1/15
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
CAP1 QUICKSILVER MASTERCARD: $4,000 | CAP1 CLASSIC PLATINUM MASTERCARD: $2,000 | KAY JEWELERS: $7,600
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Get your UTI% down below 10% and all on one card. I would suggest paying the Cap1 QS card down to below $400 and pay the other card off entirely. That will give you the best score boost in the shortest amount of time.

You might try disputing the 60 day lates, but the 30 day lates don't affect your score if they are beyond 24 months. 60 day lates are debateable, some say they hurt beyond 24 months some say they don't.

Dispute with the creditor, not the CRA's.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.