Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score Update

tag
ShowCredit
Frequent Contributor

Score Update

I just purchased my scores and saw a decrease Smiley Indifferent.  I am not sure why TU dropped 4 points.  The only change I saw when I compared them is that my amount of debt is "very good" and my payment history is good. Before they were "not good". 

My EQ dropped 3 points, but I see the collection I disputed disappeared and my car loan was added.  3 points decrease I can handle, hopefully within 6 months of on time payment I will regain that and more.

I was hoping to have at least 1 score in the 700's  before the end of the year, but that's ok.  Only time can change my short credit history.

TU - 687   10/6/09/ 683 - 11/13/09

EQ  691    10/6/09/ 688 - 11/13/09

EX - 661   8/26/09  (LO pulled

Starting Score: EQ-686 TU 703
Current Score: EQ-695 TU 713
Goal Score: EQ-800 TU 800

href="http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=FC&thread.id=1">Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
FicoScore626
Frequent Contributor

Re: Score Update

@ShowCredit wrote:

I just purchased my scores and saw a decrease Smiley Indifferent.  I am not sure why TU dropped 4 points.  The only change I saw when I compared them is that my amount of debt is "very good" and my payment history is good. Before they were "not good". 

My EQ dropped 3 points, but I see the collection I disputed disappeared and my car loan was added.  3 points decrease I can handle, hopefully within 6 months of on time payment I will regain that and more.

I was hoping to have at least 1 score in the 700's  before the end of the year, but that's ok.  Only time can change my short credit history.

TU - 687   10/6/09/ 683 - 11/13/09

EQ  691    10/6/09/ 688 - 11/13/09

EX - 661   8/26/09  (LO pulled

6 months? Call me overly optimistic but I fully expect you to regain those lost points next month depending on your mix of credit. Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 8
ShowCredit
Frequent Contributor

Thank you.  I hope so...Smiley Wink.  That would be great.

href="http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=FC&thread.id=1">Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 8
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Was the collection that dropped your ONLY collection on the reports???
BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 4 of 8
ShowCredit
Frequent Contributor

Mo, yes it was the only collection on my reports

Message 5 of 8
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Welcome to the better BUCKET!!!  Smiley Very Happy

It's onward & upward frome here!!!!
Message 6 of 8
ShowCredit
Frequent Contributor

Really!!!! That is great.

Last month I applied for a Kohls card and was denied.  I called today after pulling the scores for a recon, they told me my Vantage Score was 553!!!! I need to talk to EX to see what is wrong.   I won't do that, I'll just let it go.  I want to buy a house by June next year, that is my next goal.

Message 7 of 8
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@ShowCredit wrote:

Really!!!! That is great.

Last month I applied for a Kohls card and was denied.  I called today after pulling the scores for a recon, they told me my Vantage Score was 553!!!! I need to talk to EX to see what is wrong.   I won't do that, I'll just let it go.  I want to buy a house by June next year, that is my next goal.

I don't blame ya!!  That's the first time I've ever heard of anyone actually using anything other than a FICO.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.