Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score Watch Alerts

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Score Watch Alerts

I received these SW alerts the other day, however I'm not sure what they mean?  Any insight?

3 of your accounts reported changes
PORTFOLIO RECOVERY ASSOC Show/Hide Details

Account opened: 10/2010
Description: Settlement accepted on this account
Paid collection

Previously reportedNewly reported
Balance:$189$0
Past due:$0$0
Status:At least 120 days or more than four payments past dueAt least 120 days or more than four payments past due
Last activity:10/1/200910/1/2009
Description:Consumer disputes - reinvestigation in process
Collection account
Settlement accepted on this account
Paid collection

Contact: PORTFOLIO RECOVERY ASSOC, Riverside Commerce Center, 120 Corporate Blvd Ste 100, Norfolk, VA, 235024962
FIRST PREMIER  Show/Hide Details

Account opened: 5/2007
Description: Consumer disputes - reinvestigation in process
Paid charge off
Credit card
Amount in H/C column is credit limit

Balance:$0$0
Status:Bad Debt; Placed for collection;Bad Debt; Placed for collection;
Last activity:11/1/200911/1/2009
Consumer disputes - reinvestigation in process
Paid charge off
Credit card

Contact: FIRST PREMIER, 3820 N Louise Ave, Sioux Falls, SD, 571070145   •   (605) 357-3440
FIRST PREMIER  Show/Hide Details

Account opened: 9/2009
Description: Consumer disputes - reinvestigation in process
Paid charge off
Credit card

Balance:$0$0
Status:Bad Debt; Placed for collection;Bad Debt; Placed for collection;
Last activity:10/1/200910/1/2009
Consumer disputes - reinvestigation in process
Paid charge off
Credit card
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Score Watch Alerts

The 1st account went from a 189 balance to a 0 balance and the other two accounts now reflect as a paid charge off.

Message 2 of 8
kjm79
Valued Contributor

Well the Portfolio account updated to show it was a paid.  What are you disputing on the other two?

CH 7 Filed 7/27/15 Discharged 11/16/15
Starting Score: EQ 620 TU 568 EX 593
Current Score (07/13/16): EQ 674 TU 649 EX 674 (FICO's 08)
Cap1 QS ($5350) (Combined QS and QS1) Discover It ($4100) MilStar ($8,600) Fingerhut ($800)
Off to the garden 05/01/16
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I forgot to add that it appears that the creditor had already updated the bottom 2 accounts prior to/or at the same time of your dispute.  The "reinvestigation in process...." will remain until  the creditor responds to the dispute from the credit bureau.   The bureaus won't stop a dispute already in process, even if  the creditor has reported an update during their regular update.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kjm79 wrote:

Well the Portfolio account updated to show it was a paid.  What are you disputing on the other two?

The disputes were initiated by a credit repair company on my behalf.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I forgot to add that it appears that the creditor had already updated the bottom 2 accounts prior to/or at the same time of your dispute.  The "reinvestigation in process...." will remain until  the creditor responds to the dispute from the credit bureau.   The bureaus won't stop a dispute already in process, even if  the creditor has reported an update during their regular update.

Thanks, that info does help!

Message 6 of 8
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@kjm79 wrote:

The disputes were initiated by a credit repair company on my behalf.

They are notorious for disputing things that should not be.  That is how they "help" you, because every now & then, something cannot be verified, so it gets dropped (they get all puffed up like they actually earned their money), but in the meantime, the other frivilous disputes raise a red flag with the reporting agencies & they label you as a frivilous disputor (for lack of a better term) and when something comes along that really isn't yours & you want to dispute it, they are going to give you less than the attention you deserve, because they don't believe this to be a real issue.

You can do more to repair your own credit than any of these goofballs.  Save your money, read the information on these boards & ask advice of those of us who have nearly all been in your shoes.  Please!

You'd be better off sending GW letters to the CA's for early removal, but that's hard to do after already tossing rocks at their windows.  Make sense?

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

It makes complete sense.  The problem is I found them before I found all of you guys.  The good news is with them it's a 45 day thing unlike Lexington Law or some of the others.  The bad news is I'm already to committed by contract to pay them Smiley Sad  Hard lesson learned and a little money lost.  Hopefully all is not lost and I have a chance with the GW letters once the disputing is done.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.