Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score Watch versus Freecreditscore Subscription

tag
ak129132
Established Member

Score Watch versus Freecreditscore Subscription

Hi everyone,

I recently subscribed to freecreditscore.com and that is how I found out about my collection when it changed my credit score. I was curious if anyone here uses Score Watch. It is cheaper that freecreditscore.com.

I would appreciate it if people can adivse on using one versus the other.

Thanks

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Score Watch versus Freecreditscore Subscription

There are many here that use ScoreWatch.

I am not sure if it is cheaper or not but SW is a true FICO score and the other one is not.

Message 2 of 3
JamesKnox
Regular Contributor

Re: Score Watch versus Freecreditscore Subscription

To be honest,

I really like ScoreWatch but I really liked FreeCreditScore/FreeCredit report as well. I ended up cancelling FCS/FCR because their scores aren't actual FICO scores. 

I personally liked the way FCS/FCR has things laid out better than ScoreWatch. I also feel that FCS/FCR is more about showing you your actual report where ScoreWatch is more "score-driven" -- hence the name "Score Watch"  Also, when it comes to seeing your actual report, Score Watch isn't cheap. 20 bucks PER report. PER TIME!

You may want to look into myprivacymatters.com. I signed up with them through eliminateidtheft.com and I actually sorta really like them. They lay all 3 reports out side by side which makes it much easier to see if there are discrepencies and they issue a score. It's totally a FAKO score but I say if you are rebuilding it's much better to always be able to see your credit report DAILY as opposed to simply focusing on the score. 

Starting Score: (FICO)(August 29, 2013) 502(EQ) 568(EX) 549(TU)
Current Score: (FICO) (January 28, 2017) 712(EQ) 720(EX) 720(TU)
Goal Score: 720(EQ) 720(EX) 720(TU)

Amex Business Platinum NPSL | Chase Sapphire Preferred $15,000 | Chase Freedom $9000 | Amex ED $1,000 | BofACash Rewards $3100 | Amazon Store Card $4000
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.