cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score Went Up 47 points but now the status is Not More Than Two Payments Past Due???

tag
dudedudedude
Established Member

Score Went Up 47 points but now the status is Not More Than Two Payments Past Due???

I called and asked for a GW with Ally Bank. I also did an email campaign to the CEO and anybody else's email address I could find at Ally. I even went so far as to send the GW via their online chat. Well today, the Ally Auto Loan account status updated on my and my husband's (co-borrower) EQ credit report as ..........

Current Status: "Not More Than Two Payments Past Due Contact mbr for status"

In the description it says ... "Customer disputes this account info - Auto"

My score jumped 47 points and his 30 points when this was added.

My question is ... Is this just a temporary status? Did the credit just place this while they are investigating? 

I have not received any notice of a score jump on TU or EX

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Score Went Up 47 points but now the status is Not More Than Two Payments Past Due???

@dudedudedude wrote:

I called and asked for a GW with Ally Bank. I also did an email campaign to the CEO and anybody else's email address I could find at Ally. I even went so far as to send the GW via their online chat. Well today, the Ally Auto Loan account status updated on my and my husband's (co-borrower) EQ credit report as ..........

Current Status: "Not More Than Two Payments Past Due Contact mbr for status"

In the description it says ... "Customer disputes this account info - Auto"

My score jumped 47 points and his 30 points when this was added.

My question is ... Is this just a temporary status? Did the credit just place this while they are investigating? 

I have not received any notice of a score jump on TU or EX

That is the reason for the increase, some aspects of the TL are not scored while in dispute, as soon as these comments are removed then it once again will be fully scored.

Message 2 of 5
dudedudedude
Established Member

Re: Score Went Up 47 points but now the status is Not More Than Two Payments Past Due???

Thank you for replying .... I did not want to get excited over nothing

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm rebuilding myself so I'm new to this but sending a Goodwill letter shouldn't change a account to dispute status unless you disputed it .  Goodwill letters acknowledge that you messed up and are asking for Goodwill to forgive your mistakes.  

Message 4 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm rebuilding myself so I'm new to this but sending a Goodwill letter shouldn't change a account to dispute status unless you disputed it .  Goodwill letters acknowledge that you messed up and are asking for Goodwill to forgive your mistakes.  

Its the latest form of harrassment by OCs and CAs to take a goodwill letter and turn it into a dispute, some do this even when you explicitly say ":THIS IS NOT A DISPUTE"

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.