Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score alert today!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Score alert today!!!

Received another alert today its up to 653 EQ!!!!! sooo excited we are going to qualify for a loan tomorrow fingers crossed!

The judgment was removed the same day with EX, EQ took a couple of days and TU is fighting me... They said the dispute was frivolous and I needed to provide documentation to them if I wanted them to dispute... In the process of doing so, the judgment was in another state which I have never lived.

I was also declined a BOA secured, then approved for an orchard with a CL of 500 just received my card.

Message 11 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on th credit score increase!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And GOOD LUCK with the loan approval!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 12 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update Re: Score alert today!!!

pre approved!!!!

scores were 653, 653, and 645

we needed mid score above 640!

Message 13 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Update Re: Score alert today!!!

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Smiley Very Happy

Message 14 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes . The card will help your score go up as long as you keep the balance under 50%. Revolving lines of credit helps your score a lot. Getting old accounts off your report is also helpful. Judgments  and collections can really hurt if they are recent. Good Luck .

Message 15 of 22
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes . The card will help your score go up as long as you keep the balance under 50%. Revolving lines of credit helps your score a lot. Getting old accounts off your report is also helpful. Judgments  and collections can really hurt if they are recent. Good Luck .

Hello and welcome.

50% is much too high. The general consensus around here it to attempt to have overall and individual card utilization at 9% or less for maximum scoring.

Also you never want to remove an old account from your report if it is in good standing. Even after closing an account in good standing will continue to show for up to 10 years which helps your AA0A (Average Age of Accounts) and credit length history.

Just my 2 cents.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802
EQ - 7/06-663, 3/10-800
TU - 8/10-772
You can do the same thing with hard work

Message 16 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Go to Orchard Bank .com . Click on the link to apply. Also you can got to credit cards .com and when you get to the link click enter what you score is in the card search finder. The cards that you can get will come up. Orchard , First Premier, and Household are some cards to help you rebuild your credit. If you get it keep the balance below 50% of your credit limit and it will help. Watch out for some cards because they will approve you but the fee to get the card maybe $90- $125 Read the terms in small print. Good Luck.

Message 17 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Let me correct myself. When I say old accounts, I mean NEGATIVE accts. You are correct. You never want to remove accts in good standing because because they help with the length of your credit history. Having a long credit history helps your score. In a perfect world 9% is good . However over 50% will hurt you. Just my 2 cents!

Message 18 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

It will as long as you stay within 0-15% of your limit.

Message 19 of 22
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Let me correct myself. When I say old accounts, I mean NEGATIVE accts. You are correct. You never want to remove accts in good standing because because they help with the length of your credit history. Having a long credit history helps your score. In a perfect world 9% is good . However over 50% will hurt you. Just my 2 cents!

A better strategy is to try and get any negatives items associated with the account removed and not the account itself.  Once the derogatories are removed the account once again takes on a good standing status for the remainder of the10 years after closing.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802
EQ - 7/06-663, 3/10-800
TU - 8/10-772
You can do the same thing with hard work

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.