Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score bump

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Score bump

Hi all- I know there are tons of varibles regarding score increases but thought i'd ask the question anyway. I just got a letter from the state dismissing a tax lien that was filed in '12 Utah provides documents to send thr CRA's dismissing the lien. I also was successful in filing a motion to dismiss judgement from '12 thats was 3k. Both should be gone in next few weeks, any thoughts on the possibility of a score bump or are the accounts to old. Any opinons would br much appreciated. Thanks!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Score bump

If a judgement affects a score like a collections then you are in for great news. My EQ went up by 21 points after removing one collection.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi all- I know there are tons of varibles regarding score increases but thought i'd ask the question anyway. I just got a letter from the state dismissing a tax lien that was filed in '12 Utah provides documents to send thr CRA's dismissing the lien. I also was successful in filing a motion to dismiss judgement from '12 thats was 3k. Both should be gone in next few weeks, any thoughts on the possibility of a score bump or are the accounts to old. Any opinons would br much appreciated. Thanks!

That's great and you should see a noticeable bump.

1 question though, on what grounds did you file the motion to dismiss the judgement? There was still a long time that it would have affected your scores and PR's have a big impact and stay longer than other issues.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

The judgement was filed on by default, I was never served papers I wasn't even in the state at the time, so I filed a motion with that as my complaint the judge granted the motion.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.