Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score drop 39 points

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Score drop 39 points

Hi all, according to credit karma this morning my score has dropped 38 points where 2 collections amounts I'm paying on total has decreased and a collection removed from Jefferson capital what gives? Will score continue to decline, reason settling on the 3 collections have to per mortgage counselor.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
JayTee1
Frequent Contributor

Re: Score drop 39 points

CK scores are useless.  Do not pay any attention to them -- almost no lenders do.

Check your FICO scores here, or get a 7-day trial at creditchecktotal.com.

March 2014: Abysmal, low 500s

April 2015: TU 607 | EQ 599 | EX 608
March 2019: TU 717 | EQ 727 | EX 727
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Score drop 39 points

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi all, according to credit karma this morning my score has dropped 38 points where 2 collections amounts I'm paying on total has decreased and a collection removed from Jefferson capital what gives? Will score continue to decline, reason settling on the 3 collections have to per mortgage counselor.
JayTee1 is correct get your FICO scores but if you are making payments on the collections it is possible the CA have updated the account on you credit report making them appear as recent collections which can lower your scores. The removal of one collection with more remaining will not necessarily raise you scores usually they will stay the same.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.