Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score drop due to baddies deleted...

tag
DeeBee18
Regular Contributor

Score drop due to baddies deleted...

I had 5 baddies that got dropped off (7year mark) and my score dropped from 682 to 585.. whaaaahhH!! Is it because of those baddies since nothing else have changed other than the negatives accounts aged out.

I have 3 current accounts that are in good standing. What else can I do to regain my score back up?

Please advise.

Officially a Homeowner 6/1/12

Jun' 2012 EX 737 (thru lender) ; Mar '12 EQ 746; July '12 TU 773

Chase Freedom - 6.5k; Amex Zync - NPSL; Ashley's GEMB - 5.5k; Barclay's Rewards MC - 1.5k, JCP - 1k; Macys - 2k; Chase Slate - 7k (AU on DH card); US Bank Cash+ - 9.5k
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Score drop due to baddies deleted...

The bad accounts that fell off were way too old to be negatively affecting your scores. They were however helping your score by giving your file more depth of History. I have not seen your files, but would lend a guess that they desperatley need new good info. Immediate good is available with revolving at correct balances. It is a silly system, but if revolving is what it wants....revolving is what will help.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.