Score drop for making payment on time with Experian

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Score drop for making payment on time with Experian

@RCOH wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Has anything else changes?  Like an increase in Inquiries or somethings else.

No increase in inquiries. Only thing that recently happens was an upped credit limit on a 0 balance card, but I don't see that it's hit my report yet, as it happened in the past few days. The only other thing I can think of was I removed myself as an authorized user from my boyfriend's Discover card because there was a small balance on it and the card was only a few months new, so I thought that the newness of the card would be hurting me more than the extra available credit. It didn't mention that though, so I didn't know if that could be it?

My guess is it was the removal of the AU account.

In my repairing journey thus far I did the same thing, had an AU account removed from two reports. I though since it was a charge off it would increase my score but they both dropped several point after the removal. My assumption was that the charge off would look bad on a manual review of my reports (it probably would). What I didn't realize was it also helped a little. The on time payments of the AU account are also part of your score.?.

This is only an assumption but I did see a drop after removing an AU account as well.

If someone else knows different I'm sure they will say something. 

EDIT: Just read what rmduhon27

Dang...I thought it would help me by removing the AU as the card was fairly new. Now the card is paid off. I guess I should just leave it alone and let my score build. 

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Since we are in the rebuilding stage, I think we mess up by concentrating too much on the number and the day to day fluctuations. Just keep making your payments on time and keep your balances low. Add CLIs and cards when the time is right. Your scores will climb in time and then you can work on maximizing the number. See bottom sig line below. Smiley Happy 

I guess i need to take that into consideration. Smiley Happy I started trying in late oct/early nov with scores of TU 595, Exp 586, and Equifax 569. I'm now at TU 671, Exp 626, and Equifax 634. I just feel like its taking forever and I was also pretty bummed since the Experian score is the one that went down, and that one moves up the slowest. I think I'll take your advice, be patient, go garden, keep Utilization ow...and keep hoping for CL increases for a bit Smiley Happy Thanks for the response!

Message 12 of 15
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

That seems like it should be wrong for sure , I always get increases when my UTI and balance goes down .
Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I guess i need to take that into consideration. Smiley Happy I started trying in late oct/early nov with scores of TU 595, Exp 586, and Equifax 569. I'm now at TU 671, Exp 626, and Equifax 634. I just feel like its taking forever and I was also pretty bummed since the Experian score is the one that went down, and that one moves up the slowest. I think I'll take your advice, be patient, go garden, keep Utilization ow...and keep hoping for CL increases for a bit Smiley Happy Thanks for the response!

I know exactly how you feel. I wish we could hit the fast forward button on our scores without losing the time in the rest of lives. The hardest thing to do is nothing, but they will not correct overnight.

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Since we are in the rebuilding stage, I think we mess up by concentrating too much on the number and the day to day fluctuations. Just keep making your payments on time and keep your balances low. Add CLIs and cards when the time is right. Your scores will climb in time and then you can work on maximizing the number. See bottom sig line below. Smiley Happy 

I would suggest NOT trying to maintain an "optimal" UTI, instead just keep your balances under control so that any time you are planning to app for something you can peak your scores just prior.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.