Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score drop?

tag
Charger_Fan19
Contributor

Score drop?

I'm confused. I took a leap and hit the Citibank love button for a cli but didn't get any love. I just got the letter and it says they pulled equifax but the score listed is about 300 points lower than the score on this site. What gives?

Starting Score: EQ 500 TU 500 EX 500
Current Score: EQ 647 TU 685 EX 684 9/2/16 Recommitted to Fico Health! Smiley Happy
Goal Score: 700
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Score drop?

I don't know about Citi in particular, but some pull different versions of Fico for approvals and CLI's. It could also be an internal type score.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your score was in the 300's?   Or is your signature not updated?

@Charger_Fan19 wrote:
I'm confused. I took a leap and hit the Citibank love button for a cli but didn't get any love. I just got the letter and it says they pulled equifax but the score listed is about 300 points lower than the score on this site. What gives?

Message 3 of 7
RonM21
Valued Contributor

That is a big difference. It might be an internal score they are using. Not sure. I can't imagine there would be that big of a difference using the same score.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 4 of 7
Charger_Fan19
Contributor

My signature is accurate. The score listed on the rejection letter said credit score 368 provided from equifax. My score was never that low even when it was bad. I logged right in to the site to check and make sure something didn't happen and it still shows the same number in my signature as of 5/16.

Current Score: EQ 647 TU 685 EX 684 9/2/16 Recommitted to Fico Health! Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

The score Citibank gives is FICO Bankcard 8 from Equifax but still that should not be a 268 point difference. Log into you account and check your FICO score shown, there should be a link in the upper right hand corner.
Message 6 of 7
Charger_Fan19
Contributor

I just checked again. The version you mentioned is actually a little higher at 654. Now I'm even more confused. Maybe I will give them a call after work.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.