Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score drop

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Score drop

@Sbrooks1 wrote:
I have 11 + trade lines , last late was 6 yrs, uti is high but it is the same as last update no change , I'm not sure that would drop it so quick if uti pretty steady last few months. How do you guys rec paying down the cc debt. Most of mine is from my two dogs having emergent surgery within the same two month pts, total was about 6000 and it all went on Cc

I spent about $12k in furniture in December.  Spread it over several cards, so the increase in UTI hurt me, but also having some individual accounts with UTI over 30 %.  While overall UTI didn't change to such a large extent,  individual UTI did and that probably accounted for the most decrease in my scores dropping.  I would like to have limits such to where these purchases don't hurt my individual UTI as much. 

Message 21 of 38
cmony787
Regular Contributor

Excellent point kaykay! We get focused on overall Util% being low but if individual trade line Util% is high that dings us. Nice having those Sync cards to pad Util but it masks TO issues (for me that is 😀)
Message 22 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did any of the derogs update? That will drop score.
Message 23 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@cmony787 wrote:
Excellent point kaykay! We get focused on overall Util% being low but if individual trade line Util% is high that dings us. Nice having those Sync cards to pad Util but it masks TO issues (for me that is 😀)

So true cmony 

I love Synchrony bank and the fact that you can get 0& financing  on Amazon, Sam's Club, and Lowe's.  Overstock is great too for deferred financing.  Amex offered 0% financing too.  Same with QS.  Having those options is great.  Getting UTI back to 11% should improve my scores.  Don't think there's any way to plan for unexpected events; just good that UTI has no memory and OP should see scores rising if UTI turns out to be the problem.

Message 24 of 38
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

Fingers crossed it is just a uti issue😩
Message 25 of 38
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

Oh no another 4 point drop😩Thinking it is uti though so will get that paid off and hopefully see a reboot
Message 26 of 38
Wizdog1
Regular Contributor

I hate that your Uti is high but can't think of a better reason than taking care of those two pups. Hope they are doing well. I paid off my car loan 2 years early and my score dropped 20 points. Thought I better now get an installment loan to get back points, opened a 500.00 secured with Alliant CU. As soon as it reported my score dropped 9 more points on Equafax, 7 on TU, 4 on Experian.  I give up, I'm back down to about 670 across the board. Mortgage scores are better for some reason, I hope your scores rebound soon especially if there is something that you need requiring it.

Message 27 of 38
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

Thanks so much! I keep reminding myself that it was extenuating reasons, they are doing so much better! Thanks so much! I hope to buy a house next May and pray this recovers!
Message 28 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sbrooks1 wrote:
NormanFH 👌Hope the new house is being enjoyed by y'all! If it was a uti why just a drop in exp , all other scores are identical to last month and all cc report to all 3, I'm so afraid to not be able to say, this is why

OK, didn't you say the LAST collection was just removed?

Message 29 of 38
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

Not Last , it was EOS , still have 2 left!!!
Message 30 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.