Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score dropped 117 points!!! **bleep**!

tag
Chinadoll
Contributor

Score dropped 117 points!!! **bleep**!

I think I'm in a WARP zone right now! My TU score dropped 117 points from 707 to 590. How does that happen? Now I absolutely will be unable to purchase a home that I was pre-approved for. I need help??? LVNV has destroyed me so bad with this recent collection. I'm so confused and lost as to what to do to get my scores back up. Is it even possible for a point drop like that?

Starting Score: TU 654 EQ 599
Current Score: TU 682 EQ 661 EX 688
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Scope27
Regular Contributor

Re: Score dropped 117 points!!! **bleep**!

Is the debt paid or unpaid.  If its unpaid PFD ASAP.  If its paid then start GWing via email, phone, physical mail, and fax.  That is a huge drop.

Did your EQ drop also?

Message 2 of 23
mAndrew1980
Established Contributor

One single collection dropped your score 117 points? How much was the collection for? When is it from? PFD immediately.

Transunion: 713 FICO (5/13/2014) MyFico
Experian: 789 FICO (4/10/12) Lender Pull
Equifax: 695 FICO (1/10/14) MyFico

My cards: Chase United Mileage Plus 7000CL (3/12), CITI Simplicity 1800CL (9/12), Cap1 Platinum 1000CL (2/10), Cap1 Cash back 1500CL (11/11), Apple Barclay's 2500CL (11/11), Discover IT 6000CL (5/13)

My Primary Financial Goal is to put down my utl%.

Message 3 of 23
Chinadoll
Contributor

The collection is from LVNV and it's for $715. My equifax score dropped also from 701 to 641. They are both significant drops and makes no sense. I sent a PFD letter certified mail yesterday and called to get an email address and sent a letter via email. I'm just very nervous and perplexed. I don't have a lot of time on my hands at this point.

Message 4 of 23
Scope27
Regular Contributor

Try calling them and asking the same.  Make sure to go beyond frontline service reps also.

Message 5 of 23
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

That is scary and absurd!!!!

BTW LVNV = ??? i see this alot! 

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 6 of 23
Chinadoll
Contributor

Scope27 I called today and talked to every possible supervisor. I was polite but stern in my approach to have this deleted. they would not budge but the rep put me through another Supervisor who I left a Voicemail for and if she doesn't answer then the next step is to dispute with the CRA's and HOPE they delete. I have them on many violations as they are listing this as a factoring company, 120 days late, open account, and dates opened as of Aug this year when it's a charge-off from a CC back in 2007.

Message 7 of 23
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Wow! OP, are you comparing the same version of FICO score? In other words, make sure your are not comparing TU98 as on myFICO with a TU04 pulled by most lenders. While it is possible to lose triple-digits due to a new CA on a clean report (I lost 104 on EX FICO once), 117 seems steep for TU. IME, TU was always more forgiving than the other two with regards to baddies. Make sure nothing else happened too.

Message 8 of 23
tray
Valued Contributor

I feel very bad for you in your situation right now that score drop is a major blow, can I ask did you opt out for any solicitations on your credit reports, what happens these hound dogs come out of hiding to attack once they find out someone is looking for a mortgage and have not paid a debt that is still owed, I believe the opt out helps to prevent collection agencies from reviewing reports, but in your case where a debt that was owed, maybe this agency still had leway.  Good Luck I would hound them to death until a pfd happens/or payment of account then goodwill removal.

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 9 of 23
Chinadoll
Contributor

llecs the TU 707 score was from my Lender pull. I didn't know there may be a slight difference in the scoring. That sucks because I really don't know how accurate my TU score is based on what FICO TU98 and Lender TU04 scores are. No matter what It dropped from 707 to 590 very quickly. I did opt out prior to getting pre-approved. I had read on doing this prior to applying for a mortgage. I guess the bottom feeder CA got ahold to me. Right now I need to know what is my best course of action? I did a PFD and I called (maybe not a good idea but I want to get this cleared quickly). I'm going to see what the response is to the PFD. I don't want to dispute or settle the collection because my scores may drop or not change if I settle. Am I good with just waiting to see if they respond promptly to my PFD letter?

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.