cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score dropped 117 points!!! **bleep**!

tag
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Score dropped 117 points!!! **bleep**!

It's a mixed bag with regards to score differences between TU04 (what most lenders pull) and TU98 (version on here). There certainly isn't a 117 point difference, but the two version-comparison can explain some of those lost points. It certainly means that your TU04 didn't drop 117 points (I hope). IME and IIRC, my TU04 was lower by 20 or so points compared to my TU98 on the same day. DW's TU04 was actually higher by 30 points when compared to TU98 on the same day. And I should add that not all lenders pull TU04. Millions of TU98 were pulled last year, so someone is using them.

I'd wait for the PFD response. I definitely would not dispute.

Message 11 of 23
Chinadoll
Contributor

Okay thank you llecs. I will wait for the PFD response. I hope my points didn't drop that far too with the TU04. *Fingers crossed on that*. Is there anyway I can know that TU04 score without getting it from my lender? I certainly don't want him to pull again. Probably not!

Starting Score: TU 654 EQ 599
Current Score: TU 682 EQ 661 EX 688
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 23
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Chinadoll wrote:
Is there anyway I can know that TU04 score without getting it from my lender? I certainly don't want him to pull again. Probably not!

No. Smiley Sad

Message 13 of 23
Twitchrdrm
Regular Contributor

Be very careful w/ LVNV I had to complain to my states attroney general to make them go away! I paid them off and they decided to come back on my CR's 2 months later saying they had "computer errors".  These guys are scumbags GET EVERYTHING IN WRITING FROM THEM and go to your state's Atty Gen if needed! Good luck w/ everything I hope you can get your home!!

Message 14 of 23
mocha82
Regular Contributor

Definitely CYA with LVNV.   However, it's ok.  I am proof that you can get them to remove a collection even if they say they don't pay for delete.  I SETTLED, yes... settled, with them and then disputed it.  Guess what?  They deleted.  So don't let the CA know that they have you by the huevos. Smiley Wink  That's when you are giving them the upper hand.  Good luck. 

My experience with them wasn't that bad.  They aren't the nastiest CA I've ever dealt with by a long shot.

Closed on my 1st home on: 11/30/2011
First Guaranty Mortgage Corporation (FGMC)
Starting Score:Equifax: 490 (01/14/2011)Transunion: 498 (01/14/2011)
Current Score: Equifax: 609(07/09/2012) Transunion: 644 (10/14/2011) Experian: 593 Lender Pull (08/22/2011)

Goal Score: 700

Message 15 of 23
Chinadoll
Contributor

@mocha82 wrote:

Definitely CYA with LVNV.   However, it's ok.  I am proof that you can get them to remove a collection even if they say they don't pay for delete.  I SETTLED, yes... settled, with them and then disputed it.  Guess what?  They deleted.  So don't let the CA know that they have you by the huevos. Smiley Wink  That's when you are giving them the upper hand.  Good luck. 

My experience with them wasn't that bad.  They aren't the nastiest CA I've ever dealt with by a long shot.

Mocha--how did you go about settling with them? Did you send a settlemnet letter and then a GW letter for the deletion? How long did this take? I just need to get some help on this matter. I want to do whatever it takes to get them removed from my CR. Thanks and any advice is much appreciated.

Message 16 of 23
mocha82
Regular Contributor

I called them and asked for a cash settlement amount.  Not at any point during the call did I say that the debt was mine.  They gave me a settlement amount, and then I lowballed from there until we got to an amount that was suitable.  50% settlements are not a bargain.  Depending on how old the debt is, determines how much LESS the CA is willing to accept.  Keep in mind that if the debt has been sold on many occasions or is nearing the SOL, the CA will be willing to accept a lower amount.  If you are really on a time crunch, u won't have time to dispute or settle the matter and apply for a home in December.  I would suggest that you take care of the credit stuff at least 3-6 mths prior to applying.  During that time try to think of any accounts that could sneak up on you during the mortgage process.  This timeframe also gives you time negotiate with the CA.  By negotiate I mean, wait it out.  If they don't want to budge on the price, politely say that the dollar amount won't work for you.  I would tell the agencies that I am getting ready to file for bankruptcy and you were just trying to take care of the smaller stuff but if you cant come to an agreement that you will include their debt.  In other words,  they wouldn't get anything.  You don't want to be close to closing and a collection acct ruin it for you.  Be thankful that it showed up now so that you have time to fix it.   Always remember that u are in control of the situation.  Why?  You have the money,  and they want it.  The other option is to pony-up the $ (settlement) and then dispute it AFTER the CA updates the tradeline to show settled.  That is what I did.  Call the original credit to find out who they sold the account to, then call that company.  If they sold it... so on and so forth.  From there you can get an idea of what u are dealing with b/c everytime the account is sold, the CA is basically giving up on the debt as uncollectable and cutting its losses by selling the debt to another agency for less than what they paid for it.  Good luck to you.  If it's a valid debt and you know it, don't try to dispute it as "it's not mine." 

Current Score: Equifax: 609(07/09/2012) Transunion: 644 (10/14/2011) Experian: 593 Lender Pull (08/22/2011)

Message 17 of 23
Chinadoll
Contributor

@mocha82 wrote:

I called them and asked for a cash settlement amount.  Not at any point during the call did I say that the debt was mine.  They gave me a settlement amount, and then I lowballed from there until we got to an amount that was suitable.  50% settlements are not a bargain.  Depending on how old the debt is, determines how much LESS the CA is willing to accept.  Keep in mind that if the debt has been sold on many occasions or is nearing the SOL, the CA will be willing to accept a lower amount.  If you are really on a time crunch, u won't have time to dispute or settle the matter and apply for a home in December.  I would suggest that you take care of the credit stuff at least 3-6 mths prior to applying.  During that time try to think of any accounts that could sneak up on you during the mortgage process.  This timeframe also gives you time negotiate with the CA.  By negotiate I mean, wait it out.  If they don't want to budge on the price, politely say that the dollar amount won't work for you.  I would tell the agencies that I am getting ready to file for bankruptcy and you were just trying to take care of the smaller stuff but if you cant come to an agreement that you will include their debt.  In other words,  they wouldn't get anything.  You don't want to be close to closing and a collection acct ruin it for you.  Be thankful that it showed up now so that you have time to fix it.   Always remember that u are in control of the situation.  Why?  You have the money,  and they want it.  The other option is to pony-up the $ (settlement) and then dispute it AFTER the CA updates the tradeline to show settled.  That is what I did.  Call the original credit to find out who they sold the account to, then call that company.  If they sold it... so on and so forth.  From there you can get an idea of what u are dealing with b/c everytime the account is sold, the CA is basically giving up on the debt as uncollectable and cutting its losses by selling the debt to another agency for less than what they paid for it.  Good luck to you.  If it's a valid debt and you know it, don't try to dispute it as "it's not mine." 

Thank you!!! Yes I know the debt is mine and I certainly want to take care of it so that I can get my home. I sent out PFD letters and emailed them several times already and so I'm waiting to see what result I get from that. But; like I'm on a time crunch so if in a week I don't hear anything I will call and negotiate a settlement and see if they will delete or pay and have it say "PAID" on my CR and then do A GW after and hope they will delete. I'm so gambling with this; but I know I have to satisfy this collection before I close on the home. I'm certainly not going to dispute at all as that will just give make it worse if it comes back verified.

Message 18 of 23
mocha82
Regular Contributor

also make sure that you get the settlement offer in writing before making any payment.

Message 19 of 23
Booner72
Senior Contributor

@Chinadoll wrote:

@mocha82 wrote:

Thank you!!! Yes I know the debt is mine and I certainly want to take care of it so that I can get my home. I sent out PFD letters and emailed them several times already and so I'm waiting to see what result I get from that. But; like I'm on a time crunch so if in a week I don't hear anything I will call and negotiate a settlement and see if they will delete or pay and have it say "PAID" on my CR and then do A GW after and hope they will delete. I'm so gambling with this; but I know I have to satisfy this collection before I close on the home. I'm certainly not going to dispute at all as that will just give make it worse if it comes back verified.
Hang on one quick second here.  It's a HUUUUGE gamble to just settle and then hope for a GW.  I've been GW'ing for MONTHS now and I'm getting nowhere.  Seems I'm going to be stuck......
I would continue to send PFD's to different people at the company, different addresses, emails etc.  Calling is a bad bad idea bc they can say anything they want to and then not follow through on their end.  What if someone says "Sure, we'll delete it no problem, just pay us 100% of the debt."  --- Then you pay, they don't delete, and you have nothing left to negotiate.

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.