Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score dropped 91 points and I'm ok with it

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Score dropped 91 points and I'm ok with it

Long story short this happened on my transunion fako score with credit karma. I removed myself as a authorized user from my cousins account. It had a 5 year length history of on time payments but my issue with the account is that the utilization was always extremely high. The card was either max out, over the limit or 90 percent used up. Even though my length of credit history took a big hit I think this was the right the decision for me in the long run because after removing it my overall utilization when from 25 to 18 percent. My other cards are in good standing and below 10 percent usuage on all of them. Again like I stated this was credit karma fako transunion score. I'm gonna wait for myfico to update my scores and see what happens.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Score dropped 91 points and I'm ok with it

Credit karma isn't so good when it comes to something's on the scoring model. My TU score is 520 on credit karma 160 points lower than my true FICO. My EQ score is 696 on credit karma. I don't put much weight into their scoring. They've had my TU as high as 700 to as low as 520. It's all over the place.
Message 2 of 5
heavyjay
Regular Contributor

I don't have a crystal ball, but I would guess the lower utilization would compensate for any loss of AAoA on your FICO. The CK scores seem to give way too much weight to age.

FICO 08:Jan 18, 2017: EX 800 EQ 725 TU 799
FICO 08:Feb 10, 2017: EX 788 EQ 772 TU 791 (post New Year's app spree)
In the garden as of 1/4/2017. Will remain for all of 2017.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I really think in the long a card that is always maxed or over the limit doesn't look good on my report.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just recently did the same thing for the same reason. Haven't seen the ramifications of removing yet but I believe it's for the best
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.