Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score has jumped up 40 pts since 11/19

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Score has jumped up 40 pts since 11/19

Hello All,

I am so happy.  My score has risen 40 pts since 11/19/12.  I am so excited and determined.  The reason being is because my balance on my cc went down 28%.  Also, a question I have I recently sent the CRA a copy showing that judgements on my credit report has been satisfied.  Will this bring my score up some more.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
hdrider07
Regular Contributor

Re: Score has jumped up 40 pts since 11/19

Hello.  Unfortunately satisfied judgments do not help your FICO, if someone were to do a manula review, IE applying for a mortgage they would look upon a satisfied judgment more favorably.

Ultimately you want to have the judgment vacated.  Call the attorney that got the judgment againt you and try and negotiate them filing the forms to vacate, if the judgments come off it will give you a score boost.  Cant say how much of a boost because it depends on the other information in your file.

Congrats on the 40!

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

So what else could I do to raise my score?

Message 3 of 8
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Util sure plays a big role. Congrats!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 4 of 8
sphinx313
Established Contributor

Congrats on the increase! What other accounts do you have reporting negatively or what is your overall credit mix? Provide some more information so we can let you know how to increase your scores further.

Starting Score: EQ: 383 2/2011
Current Score: TU: 644 EQ: 648 EX: 6?? 2/2015
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have two charge off accounts from macy and new york and company. macy is 1175.00 and new york and company is 880.00.  i have the two judgments from tower loans which are satisfied.  I also have one late payment on a car loan that i have paid off in 2010.  i also have doctors bills that have been paid but are still reporting on my credit report.

Message 6 of 8
hdrider07
Regular Contributor

The charge offs and judgments are killing your score.  Try and work out with the attorneys to vacate the 2 judgments, may have to pay them the filing fee and a little for their time.  The charge offs I assume are still owned by the OC, you'll need to work with them on a settlement or payment plan.  If you could PIF then you could try a PFD.  I dont know much about the medical bills.

Message 7 of 8
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

aren't the medicals easiest to remove b/c of HIPPA?  I seem to recall reading that somewhere. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.