Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score increase

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Score increase

I returned from a weekend camping trip and discovered the following:

1. My experian score increased 23 points to 617!! Woo Hoo. I noticed that Fingerhut did remove a 60 day late. They said they will keep the 30 day late from May 2015 on all 3 CRA's. I will send another GW letter in a couple of months.

2. My TU score increased 13 points to 581!! Again Woo Hoo

3. A collection from Afni/direct tv has been removed. Im assuming they sold the debt. I will pay it once I receive a notice before it goes back on my report

4. A new account posted with my current balance! Yikes! Next time I will wait until the card post on the reports before using it. I plan to keep this account only for 6 months as its a very subprime card.

I plan to do the following this month:

*Lower my UTI (visa down to 30%, credit one to 73%, verve to 82%). Right now these three are 95% Smiley Sad

* I applied to increase my security deposit on Discover. I called today and it was denied. Weird becuase I was approved for the full amount when I applied. My income is 80K and I have no new delinquency.

* Continue to work on PFD. Collection agencies are so reluctant to agree to this. 

* I do expect my score to dip once my new car loan post and my other one reports paid.

I do have one question: Should I apply for a Capital one once I get my UTI down?

Again thank you for all of your help.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: Score increase

That's great! Looks like you are heading down a good road. Keep up the nice work!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.