Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score increase!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Score increase!!!

Removed 2 collections the only 2 we had score jumped!!!

EQ +18 points

TU real score +40 I had a bunch of inquiries drop off WOW could not believe this one.

Not sure about EX since they are not real score.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Score increase!!!

Congrats!! Do you have any other baddies reporting? (e.g. 90+ days, COs, etc.)
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

We have 3

30 day lates  that are almost a year old and a paid verizon charge off

The verizon is in our negative this one has not been easy they are a pain.

THANK YOU!!!

Oh and 3 year old student loans that reported late about 160 days (yikes)

Message Edited by gearhead76 on 05-22-2009 08:10 AM
Message Edited by gearhead76 on 05-22-2009 08:21 AM
Message Edited by gearhead76 on 05-22-2009 08:21 AM
Message 3 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I was thinking you were rebucketed on EQ (pt gain seemed a little low), but that's not possible if other derogs are reporting, including the paid CO.

BTW, Verizon is tough, but if you were to call over and over, and be friendly each time, they'll slowly reveal info to you on how to get it removed. Also send GWs over and over and over again. GW the rest, if the others are current now.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is rebucketed?I am still learning all the point stuff and credit issues.

oops forgot about our CCs just paid those down new balance has not yet reported.

I was able to remove one collection and a med bill in less than 3 weeks.

I guess that’s good.

Message Edited by gearhead76 on 05-22-2009 10:00 AM
Message Edited by gearhead76 on 05-22-2009 10:00 AM
Message 5 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Buckets are interesting. The FICO formula is very complex and was created based on the input of lenders. Lenders like to compare your score with others who are in the same type of situation as you are. In other words, you are not directly compared to someone who has a 30+ year history with a flawless report. So, buckets (aka scorecards) were created to give a comparison to those who have a long history, those who have derog info, etc.

I like to use college as an anology. Remember the professor who would grade on a scale. If your grade is the highest in the class, let's say 80%, then on a scale, you basically got an "A". Buckets are the same. Based on your scorecard, you are compared to everyone else with a similar report. You have the ability to advance in score faster if those in the same situation don't fare as well as you do.

Regretfully, when your last derog is removed, you would be placed into a new bucket and compared to those w/ no derogs. That can have a temporary, negative impact on your score. Now that didn't happen to you (because you still have the CO and lates), but it did happen to me. My last baddie impacting my score was removed, a 7 y.o. 90 day late, and to my surprise, my EQ FICO score dropped 17 points. I knew that the 90 day was going to drop that day so I even pulled the EQ FICO the day prior to have an accurate comparison. Since my credit age was relatively so young in compared to everyone else with no baddies, I became low man on the totem pole w/ a lower score. My score has since recovered, but that was likely due to large drops in util.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay,

Thanks

We have over ten years in student loans and car payments on ours no late on any car loans all paid off in good standing.

The student loans well....They messed up most those late because of Reconsolidated them and deferments .

not sure how that happened.

Message Edited by gearhead76 on 05-22-2009 10:16 AM
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.