Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score increase

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Score increase

Hi all I need 19 points to qualify for a usda mortgage,what's the quickest way to raise my score, have one charge off on my report that I'm paying off!!!!!
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Score increase

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi all I need 19 points to qualify for a usda mortgage,what's the quickest way to raise my score, have one charge off on my report that I'm paying off!!!!!

What do you have for current credit accounts, what are the limits and what are the balances?

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

First premier 300 limit 133 balance, New York and company 300 limit 109 balance credit one 450 limit 226 balance vs 150 limit 0 balance finger hut 1000 limit 41 balance we 600 limit 5 balance capital one 200 limit 5 balance open sky 200 limit 92 balance, just paid the wf down to $5 was reporting $437 on last update
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try getting the FP and the C-1 below 20% vs 40-50%
See if you can get a SP CLI but be VERY careful that it's SP cause a HP would be a disaster right now.

But a nice drop in debt, could do the trick... remember although the amounts listed are low the % of debt movement is most powerful at these low amounts.

Ex: $226/$450 CL = 50% debt ratio while a $141 payment changes it to
$88/$450 CL = 19% debt ratio
A huge swing for less than $150 bucks, something that can not be done so easily as the CLs and balances go up but right now a relatively small amount of money can widely effect the debt ratio calculation in a positive way,

It's very possible to secure 20 points by erasing the reported debt load ratios.

Good Luck
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

So you're saying pay down Fp to $90 and c-1 to what?
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

60 for Fp and 90 for credit one?
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd at least shoot for less than 20% , if I couldn't do better ( leaving a token balance on one card only) but if I couldn't pay them all

At least below 20%

The $300 CL would be $60
And the $450 would be $90

Is the Open Sky @ $92/$200?
If I'm reading that correctly, that's 46%

You don't want that, my friend

Just take your calculator and divide the balance by the CL ...the lower the percentage the better
Anything above 30% starts to hurt you
Below 20% = pretty good
Below 10% = even better shot at the 20 points you're trying to snag quick

The BEST is the knock out ALL these small balances and only have ONE card with a balance between 1-9% ( showing outstanding debt management) while showing you aren't dependant ON the cards...

Remember you are pimping a computer program for points ...it can be BEAT if you stroke it right

The program gets hot N bothered
With little debt owed vs available limits

She likes to SEE that you COULD have borrowed more but you didn't NEED to big boy.... that's SEXY to the RISK scoring model and she will purr like a kitten if you rub that belly just right

So if you have the funds available AND the points are important enough SHOW her what she likes and she'll grade you on the curve😂
Message 7 of 11
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

Love the analogy!
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

IM ABOUT TO SHOW HER, just cut up 2 cards and have figured out and wrote down what all balances should be at 10, 15 and ten percent, my total is 22.5 percent $3200 of overall credit and $740 balance between all, am I getting dinged for the individual usage or the overall usage? THANK YOU FOR BREAKING IT DOWN FOR ME, it gave me a good laugh and opened my eyes to what I NEED TO DO BECAUSE THOSE POINTS ARE VALUABLE TO ME RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
IM ABOUT TO SHOW HER, just cut up 2 cards and have figured out and wrote down what all balances should be at 10, 15 and ten percent, my total is 22.5 percent $3200 of overall credit and $740 balance between all, am I getting dinged for the individual usage or the overall usage? THANK YOU FOR BREAKING IT DOWN FOR ME, it gave me a good laugh and opened my eyes to what I NEED TO DO BECAUSE THOSE POINTS ARE VALUABLE TO ME RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!

Take it ALL THE WAY down to ONE CARD with less then ten percent of its limit, all others at ZERO. That formula will ALWAYS put you in max FICO territory. Always.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.