Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score jump 101 points!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Score jump 101 points!!

I wanted to say a big THANK YOU for all of the great information that is on this forum.  I started with a score of 532 in May 2008.   Today, I pulled My Fico EQ score, is was 640!  I have learned so much valuable info from so many of you on this forum.  I corrected my credit the RIGHT way, but also by enforcing my rights that I didnt know where there before I landed here. I still have a little bit to go...  a few of my credit cards need to be paid down below 20%, and i just completed student loan rehab in December.  I think once those update, i will see a score increase as well.

Good luck to everyone out there trying to restore your credit.  In this tough economy, and stricter lending standards, credit scores are vital. 

Thanks MyFico!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Score jump 101 points!!

Can you please tell me the first step you took in turning your credit around?

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats, nursegal. Would you mind sharing your experiences with us?
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

The first thing I did was pull my report.  Seriously... sounds silly, but i was so scared to even see what it would look like.  I had a rough year in 2004 and my car was repo'd.  Being on my own since I was 18, putting myself through college.... caused some financial bumps in the road to say the least.

I started student loan rehab prior to pulling all three reports.  Then, I disputed all accounts that were incorrect.  I had 2 accounts that I had NO idea what they were.  I sent a couple goodwill letters, but not much luck with them, honestly.  But I was able to get 3 or 4 collections removed in the last 6 months after VERY tedious letter writting to cra's and the collection agencies....using letters i found on this site and/or out on the internet.  Knowing my rights and also how the FICO system works helped me figure out what I needed to do to rise my scores.  I didnt realize that even though i always paid my credit cards on time....if they were near maxed out, it was TANKING my score.  Also, it sounds silly....but just realizing what ONE thirty day late can do to your scores was key.

Its been a very tough road at times, and often, frustrating. Put it paid off.

Message 4 of 8
Breakthecycle2
Established Contributor

WOW! That is great!! very Similar to mine!

I went from a 506 Fico to a 642 (at the highest) in five weeks!!

Starting Score: 454
Current Score: 690
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 8
ScoreBooster
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I started with a score of 532 in May 2008.   Today, I pulled My Fico EQ score, is was 640

Congrats! - Although, shame on you! Now what's 640-532? 108!

But hey, you are forgiven. Probably the excitement, right??Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your score jump.  Great job!
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

haha!!  Math was never my strong area!!

Thanks for the congrats.   I just wanted to let everyone know that it is possible.... I got discouraged often.... but with time/effort you can repair your credit.  

Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.