Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score jump on Experian!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Score jump on Experian!

On my drive home today I received an alert from myFICO about a collection update, I was discouraged thinking it was another score drop that I really disn't need. I logged in and saw a 52 point increase on Experian from a collection agency that I paid off a few weeks back!!!! From 590 to 642 on Experian!!!!!!!!!! I really needed this good news  Smiley Happy 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
finallyfixingit
Regular Contributor

Re: Score jump on Experian!

Wow congratulations!

7/14 Scores: EQ- 576, TU- 589, EX- 567
3/7/15 Scores: EQ- 666, TU- 680, EX- 669

last app 3/11/15
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Time to change your siggy!  Congrats!

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!

Message 4 of 8
Calidreaming
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

On my drive home today I received an alert from myFICO about a collection update, I was discouraged thinking it was another score drop that I really disn't need. I logged in and saw a 52 point increase on Experian from a collection agency that I paid off a few weeks back!!!! From 590 to 642 on Experian!!!!!!!!!! I really needed this good news  Smiley Happy 

Did the collection agency actually remove the entry or did it go up just by virtue of paying it?  Did you have to do a pfd or send a gw letter??  So many questions!!

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Calidreaming wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Did the collection agency actually remove the entry or did it go up just by virtue of paying it?  Did you have to do a pfd or send a gw letter??  So many questions!!

That's the weird thing, it just changed to paid. I was under the impression your score doesn't improve once you pay off collection accounts. My Equifax only went up 14 points and oddly enough my TU went down 1 point *shrugs*

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had the same thing to, only a 5 point EXP increase, but I'll take it!!!  Congrats!!!

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I honestly believe you never know. I paid a collection and it made my score up because a balance went down. Then I paid a charge off, well it updated to paid and score went up as well. I'm sure a pay for delete is better but if you get no results pay the collection if it's your debt. Unless it's about to fall off I assume.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.